I know that I shouldn't have had unprotected sex but I already did so please don't be rude and judge me. On May 30, my boyfriend got in me and pulled out, which I know isn't an effective method of BC. I had just finished my period and was due for another one on the 22nd of June. On the 11th of June, my boyfriend was transferred to another base, which in turn caused me to go under a lot of stress. In the days leading up to my period, I usually break out really bad but this last time I didn't. My skin was perfectly clear. My period came two days early and was lighter than normal, only lasting two days and the flow was nothing like what I am used to. It was a bit heavier than spotting, but nothing like a normal period. Shortly after it ended I noticed that I was getting nauseous after eating and in the mornings, a bit more tired than usual, and cramping in my stomach and lower back areas. I was also a little irregular in my trips to the bathroom. I'm not usually a sufferer of cramps during my period, and even less so when I'm off of it so it made me start wondering. Recently, as in this week I have noticed that bras that fit me fine last week are now fitting me tighter and I am still feeling nauseous after I eat. I took a pregnancy test (First Response Early Detection) but I am not sure if I took it correctly. For one, I used it with the result window facing up, while the instructions say to face it down. And two, it didn't provide me with a result until about 6 minutes after I used it. When it did give me a result, it was a very very faint negative line, with no sign of a second line coming up. Only after the 10 minutes did the negative line really darken, but by that time the test is null and void. Even though the test was negative, the fact that it took so long for a result to pop up worries me. I'm not deathly afraid of pregnancy, and both my boyfriend and I are aware of our poor choices and will deal with the circumstances if need be, so it won't be the worst thing. But I still have one test left and am debating whether or not I should take it to make sure. I am still having symptoms like nausea and bloating and a fuller chest and cramps, but could this all be due to stress?

although you didn't use contraception, there is a slight chance that it may be do to stress. my period has done many strange things while being stressed. and it takes a while for pregnancy symptoms to surface. about a few weeks (I've also heard at least about 2 weeks before your next period). and I have also taken a pregnancy test and if I remember correctly it says you can pee into a cup or bowl and dip the end of the test in for however long it says. (thats how I did it at least). try to wait another week and take the test again?

Thanks for your reply.  I've never really been stressed so I don't really have anything to compare this to, but at the same time I've never been pregnant either lol.  I'm leaning more towards stress, but lately I (and my boyfriend, poor thing) have been noticing that I'm moody as heck.  I suppose I'm just worried because of the coincidence that all these symptoms would show up after that happened.  I'm due to start my next period in about a week so we'll see.  I am planning on taking the test again to make sure though.