My husband and i are trying to get pregnant, yesterday i did a pregnancy test and there was a faint positive line, today in the morning i did it again, there was a negative result, then i did it again one hour later, another faint line. what is that all about? am i pregnant or not? its been more than a month after my last period, but my periods are very irregular. My breasts are sore now, but i usually get that before a period too. please answer! %-)

http://www.peeonastick.com

This websites has reports on DISAPPEARING positives from certain test brands, check it out.

A BLOOD test would be accurate though =)

Go for a blood test or wait another couple of days and take the test again. Good luck

i took a few pregnancy tests. one in the morning w/my first pee, it said positive, then later that night and it said negative. then the next morning i took another with my first pee and it said positive, i went to my doctor and she said that the lab techs said negative because it turned 3/4 of the way positive, but not all the way and for me to come back one week later. I haven't gone back because it hasn't been a week yet. I took another test today and it said negative. Can I be pregnant and the hcg just not be strong enough yet?. How likely is it to get two positives and 2 negatives? Am i pregnant?

I had the same thing two faint positives with one brand and two negatives with another. Is it too early? I had a m/c 6 weeks ago and have been testing every week.

False positives are considered to be rare, but they do unfortunately happen.

A preganncy test may turn positive in the morning and negative at night, because the HCG levels are diluted by then. Early preganncy HCG levels are pretty low.

A blood pregnancy test would be in order =)

my period isnt due for another week and a bit but ive been having all thse classic symptons im pregnant. server ravings for macdonalds cheeseburgers and always hungry to the point of extreme and nausea, sore nipples ect. i took a test in the afternoon and there was a good positive line but then ive took 2 tests since and there all negative! wats going on

i have a similar problem, i was due on a week ago and only had spotting then a bit heavier one day then i completly stopped. i took a test yesturday morning with a faint positive then this afternoon a did one and it negative. i dont no what to think im really confused can any1 help?

I'm having the same problems. My husband and I have two little boys. It is very easy for us to get pregnant and we have had unprotected sex since my last period of 11/06/08. My cycle is around 35 to 37 days from start to start. Today is the 9th of December so I haven't quite missed my period. I took two test this weekend, one on Saturday the 6th and one on the 7th. Both came up with a faint but obviously positive result. I took a test in the morning on Monday, and there was nothing as well as today, Tuesday. It's so hard to read my body because I'm crampy, bloating, emotional and everything else that goes with both pregnancy and my cycle. Why would I get any positive tests if I wasn't pregnant, and then why would I get two negetives? Should I just wait another week to make sure? I just don't get it!!

Same thing happened to me but the positive test was at night and negative one first thing in the morning. I think I had a chemical miscarriage cause my symptoms are gone.

we have been wanting to have a 2nd child for 3 years now....and my wife had a miscarriage last year....last week...she felt like she was pregnant again...she was supposed to have her period this week...
but she is not very regular either....

she has classic symptoms.....constant peeing....fatigue...food craving etc....no morning sickness yet though...but with the first baby...I WAS THE ONE THROWING UP for a few weeks...weird!
anyway..she went to a clinic for a test...(urine)..and it was negative...can it be too soon to tell?

that was a week ago....and she is still feeling the same way....we joked its either pregnancy or UTI. she has been drinking cranberry juice....

well..I HOPE SHE MAY STILL BE PREGNANT.

I took a pregnancy test last thursday and it came up with a faint positive line- then just to make sure i wasnt seeing things i took another the day after (different brand) and that came with a very faint positive. Im not due on til this coming sunday- i have done another 2 tests this morning and they have now come up negative???? am i pregnant or not? would the tests show a faint line if there was nothing there?

It sounds like you've all had what is called a chemical pregnancy. I've had two. I've read that as many as 60% of fertilized eggs don't actually implant or don't stay implanted for long. Usually, it's because there is something fundamentally wrong with the egg (chromosomal defects, etc.). However, once an egg is fertilized, your body starts producing hcg (the hormone that pregnancy tests look for). However, when the egg doesn't attach, your body stops producing hcg. This is most likely why some have a positive test and then negative tests. Almost always, a chemical pregnancy will result in a faint positive. Years ago, women would have never known they were pregnant, but with today's sensitive over-the-counter tests, more and more women are facing the heartache of chemical pregnancies.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Yes, I think that's known as an ectopic pregnancy, and I think that's something that's important to try to rule out. It's a good idea to see your doctor for a blood test. Have oyu done that yet?

FYI, I know this post is old, but the last post is wrong. You don't produce HCG until implantation, however sometimes the implantation is not "secure" enough and that is what causes the chemical pregnancy.