Hi there I took a test yesterday it was faint positive and today another faint positive. Today I have light cramping! What is going on should I wait til a few days to see my doc. I normally get my period between the 21st and 28th day. Still 4 days to go before that period ends! I just can't contain myself! What to do???

Hi Ruth,

You need to wait at least 2, preferably 3, weeks after having sex, or for your period to be due, for the tests to be accurate.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but "faint" positives are considered a negative.  The tests are not designed like that.  It is either "YES" or "NO", no in-between.  The hormone is either present or it is not.  The test can determine how much hCG is present in your urine.

Wait until you are due.  False negatives are common testing early.  Hang in there.  

Ok I needed to respond to correct the person of the last response. A faint positive shows up when you test early and not a lit of the horomone is in your system. But it is still a positive result. It will tell you on the box that no matter if it is lighter than the control line if there is a line at all in the result window it detected the horomone in your system. Meaning conception has occurred. Since you took a test 2 times I doubt that it was a false positive. I'm a medical assistant and we are trained to read those tests. And if a line is in the result window for a positive test than the patients pregnancy test is positive. Make an appointment with your dr and they can do a urine test in office or ask them for a blood test to be sure. And so that you can start your prenatal care.

Annonymous it can also indicate that the test was done incorrectly. As in they waited to long to read it.

It is a "qualitative" test. It only tells if the hormone is present. A "quantitative" test can tell the amount.

That's why I suggest she waits until she is due. She is testing early.

Thank you both for your replies. Both times I got a positive line almost immediately. I tested because I get my period after 21 days, 25 days or 28 days. Never know when so random. We r currently trying to get pregnant using fertility dates provided by my gynaecologist. I supposed I did the test after 23 days as its become habit to test after I hit my 21st day. I guess I will exercise patience and go see my doc after my 28th day. We did follow our doc's suggestion and I have never had a positive line now two, though faint in two days. Remaining hopeful!