Hi, for the last couple of weeks, I’ve had this uncomfortable feeling of not being able to empty my bladder completely. I also have a delay of hesitation when I’m urinating. I told my doctor about that, and he said that I probably have BPH or chronic prostatitis. I’m not sure what’s the difference between those two conditions.

Hi, both BPH and chronic prostatitis are disorders of prostate, so they have similar symptoms. They cause problems with urinating and dribbling. BPH or benign prostatic hyperplasia is increased prostate, which pressures the urethra. It usually ocures in middle-aged and elderly men. BPH can lead to incomplite empting, which causes bacteria in the bladder residue. Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland, and it often causes pain during voiding and ejaculation. If your results show white blood cells, red blood cells or microorganisms, it could mean that you have prostatitis. And if your doctor suspects on BPH, he vill probably examen you rectaly, to check if your prostate is inlarged.