Hello, i am 24 yr old male, i've been fighting prostatitis, for the past seven months, i visited different mds for the past seven months and took medications in which my mds prescribed on me(cipro, oflofloxacin, doxycycline, cefuroxime sodium, metrodinazole all with combination of NSAID). Up to date i still have symptoms, although the symptoms that i have today are mild.....

I stop taking antibiotics and i also stop visting mds.....

My question is, is there a chance that prostatitis will heal by itself without taking any medication?

Thanks!!!!!! I also saw some information in ****i emailed the moderator and he provided some info, that made my symptoms milder....although i still have symptoms......Thanks again :)

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

If you have Non bacterial type then yes, if you have the bacterial type then no you will 99% need to continue antibiotics.

It could be you have a condition like diabetes that encourages the growth of bacteria due to high sugars in urine.
I have recently heard that most forms of prostatitis stem initially from a STI. I dont know how true this is but its worth getting checked out.

There are different kinds of prostatitis; bacterial, non-bacterial, and inflammatory. The prostatitis treatment you need depends on the kind of prostatitis you have. While you can certainly explore natural treatments in some cases (more about that in a bit), you shouldn't just leave it alone and hope for the best, that's for sure. 

Anyway, may want to explore prostate drainage, Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, herbal supplements such as saw palmetto, and also a regimen of vitamin supplements (zinc, vitamin C, etc) that will help you some. These are not necessarily a substitute for other medical treatment, and if you have bacterial prostatitis you will definitely need antibiotics, but they can help you some for sure. 

The very first time I had a urinary tract infect was when I was 4. I had many acute episodes after that to the point that my specialist decided he should try to scare me to fight harder (he also thought I was purposing to hold my urine). He told me when I was 8 or 10 that "the way I was going I would not live to see my 16th birthday". This was probably true. I have had urinary problems all of my life and in the last 10 years was diagonsed and began treatment for "Chronic Prostatitis". NOTE: sex and sexual disease had NOTHING to do with it at all. Within the last 10 years in conjunction with my treatment some of the testing has been Ultrasound. I am 43 now. When I was a kid they didn't have this. Through my sonographs it was revealed that I have what is known as a "horseshoe" kidney. In short I have two but they are fused. In other words they never separated as most folk's do before they are born. Although science doesn't show anything other than that being wrong it definately leaves one wondering if I had a predispositon to this type of disease because of what some would consider to be a birth defect. What I have is rather uncommon however a defect or "Variant" like that is not that uncommon. Science doesn't know why some men get infected nor why a possible 50% are immune nor even if "Non bacterial" (which should be called non-microbial as these things can be caused by more than just bacteria) infections are even just that. They have never found any "bacteria" in my body but can certainly see the infection (s) with ultra sound. It is simple science has yet to figure these diseases out. With that doctors notoriously tell their patients that the problem is psycholgical or nerological in nature. I was given amatriptolene at one point. It's a rather powerful antidepressant. In my case it just made me angry and violent. I stopped taking it after only 4 days. I was always a rather happy and loving person despite my condition. We are learning more about how to treat this and cope with it every day. I have gone from walking around in agony asking my doctor to remove my testicle (infected and at one point exploded) to being almost completely pain free. We may not be there yet but as this has become more and more realised as a major problem more and more effort is being expended everyday to solve the mysteries associated with this. I believe it is probable that we have a cure very shortly. Prostate messages, suppliments, antibiotics, muscle relaxants, lifestyle changes and antinflamatories all work together to help. We just need to hang in there. Our ship is going to come in soon. 

Did you problem ever solved ? I am having this non bacterial prostatitis, and i took meds for 3 weeks but i still have same symptoms. any suggestions will be great help. Thanks

I think I have been suffering from the same thing. My doctor put me on a ace inhibitor prostate relaxant, but this is not taking the problem away. At nights I find it very difficult to urinate. My PSA went in 3 months, when I was fine, from 4 to 17. Initially I thought I had prostate cancer, but later figured out on my own that I have an inflammation of the prostate that came on suddenly. I am very concerned as I don't want to live with these symptoms. My doctor tried to tell me that it was psychological, but that seemed far-fetched to me. I have not been sexually active for over a year. So STI was not the cause of this.

give me mobile no

I got my CBP by sexual origin. I never had prostatitis until 1 week after sex with a girl with bacterial vaginosis. Maybe your case wasn't but you cannot say it has nothing to do with it at all.