I finish my antibiotics in a couple of days, and if no sign of relief is on the horizon, I will take your advice and get a urine analysis.

Can a urine analysis detect whether or not you have prostatitis?????

Thanks for your support will keep you posted on the outcome

I think that tests between acute and chronic prostatitis differ and that there are a couple of ways to diagnose it. What I know about the urine test is that it consists of three parts, urine, fluid from prostate massage and final fluid that comes after massage.
My father told me he also had a blood test to determine the levels of this substance that prostate produces and that there is a needle biopsy and this last test I am not sure I should mention - the rectal exam through which a doc reaches your prostate.

Anyway, I hope they don’t choose to perform the last one on you-I think that one is for chronic prostatitis.

Yeah, let me know how it went and what the results showed!

Best Regards
Mick

Different diagnostic tests used for prostatitis include:

- Rectal exam

- Physical examination

- Culture of prostatic fluid, which should tell them what kind of microorganisms are bugging you, if applicable

- A cystoscopy, which looks at the prostate directly via the urtethra. 

If you are still having pain and the problem is definitely caused by prostatitis, the prostatitis treatment you had obviously didn't work for you. If it is bacterial, you may need a longer dose of antibiotics or different antibiotics. In addition, you can also look into natural prostatitis treatment to supplement antibiotics. This is prostate message and exercises, particular herbs, and vitamins/minerals. 

Hi
Urine analysis came back ok , but I am still having pain in left testicle which radiates up left side and some burning after urination.

Keep thinking its clearing then it seems to come back, its wearing me down

I am making another appointment to see my doc, should I ask to be reffered to a urologist or somone with more expertise??

Any other Ideas??????

Hi there! You should have gone to an urologist a long time ago. Maybe you need to have an ultrasound of the scrotum or something!

Anyway, I just went through your posts and I saw you had vasectomy done. Do you think this could be connected to some of the vasectomy complications?

This family doctor…..is he only prescribing the drugs to you without any exams or what?
I reckon you should see an urologist.

I went to my doctor, who sent me to Private clinic for ultrasound of kidneys,bladder etc but not scrotum, Going back to docs again and asking for a urologist appointment

Any support welcome

Went to urologist, got left testicle ultrasound scanned (ok) had further xrays, urine test no abnormalities found, left testicle still tender and slight burning after urination (day after) still got a few days to go on the trimethoprim antibactrial tabs, so fingers crossed for success.

Next appointment for Urologist next week.

Thanks for everyone who supported

Hi Mick
well went the full hog with urologist looks like what you diagnosed prosatitits, i am getting sorted anyway, but maybe a long haul I beliieve

Hi there Mackli! Sorry I couldn’t reply to your posts-I was away on business.

Are you saying that you were finally diagnosed with prostatitis? What took them so long?

I mean, I don’t understand after so many tests and checking.

What exactly did they tell you in the end? Have you been prescribed a proper treatment?

hi Mick
I am going for what I think is a cystopic exam, whereby they put a camera up my penis, to see what is going on, that is this morning.

The urologist said after this, he will get me the correct treatment as required. I was a bit premature to think it was all over, as I am still in some pain.

The eurologist did say that I should have come to see him sooner instead of going round the long way round and receiving the incorrect treatment.

Will keep you posted on the outcome, fingers crossed I will see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers Mackli95

Legend
Hey Mackly,

Just read your story ... How old are you? I'm just curious, because as I know the bigger chance to get prostatitis is by male over 40. Although it's mostly a bacterial infection so every man can get it. My dad had this infection a year ago. He felt pain in his lower back and also in both testicles. Later he noticed thin mucus discharge after urinating. The diagnosis was made after several tests by urologist. It was an acute prostatitis. He was hospitalized for 2 and half weeks. They treated him with antibiotics and later when he gets back from hospital he was prescribed on oral antibiotics and warm baths.

Now, almost 12 months after, he feels pretty well. So it’s not so bad as it sounds!

However, I’ll keep the fingers crossed for you and wish you fast recovery and all the best!

Keep posting and keep us updated regarding your healing progress!

Pseud0

Hi all, Mick & pseudomin
Well diagnosed as inflamation of the prostrate-prosatitis after cystoscopy today, I have to return to my own doctor now to get course of treatment,
the quicker the better I,d say as it has been a long haul up to date

What sort of changes can you do to diet? or what is not good and what is bad?

Can anyone tell me, as I really do not want to experience this again if that is at all possible.

I am only 50 and sometimes I feel its all over

Is a normal sex life possible again??????????

From my point of you, you are suspectable of prostatitis because of your age and you said you can’t fully drain during peeing and yet you have that burning sensation.

As far as I know (and from my fathers experience, although he doesn’t say much), these are prostatitis symptoms but I am no doctor and I don’t understand how come your doctors didn’t suspect that before.

You haven’t had urine analysis, have you?

Legend
Hey there,

Regarding your diet ... The low-fat diet may help thwart prostate issues by influencing hormone levels. Also very important is regular intake of B, B6, A, E and C vitamins. Zinc is very important mineral which could help inhibit the activity of 5 alpha reductase. Important is not to take more 15 milligrams daily as too much zinc can lead to intoxication. Calcium and magnesium will improve the function of prostate gland, so those two minerals should be in your diet. Your common food contains all those minerals, so don’t hesitate to use tablets and pills to compensate the minerals or vitamins. Anyway, I suggest you to take mineral tablets ONLY with medical supervision!

Low fat and high protein diet is the best choice for your problem. Look for a diet that is low in carbohydrates, low in animal fats, and high in essential fatty acids. Look for whole, unprocessed foods and eat plenty of sunflower or pumpkin seeds each day. The fluids are part of diet too, so it’s recommended to drink plenty of fluids. Adequate fluid intake can help prevent urinary tract infections, cystitis, and kidney problems that are often associated with an enlarged prostate. Of course, don’t take too much fluid, but a bit more then usual would help you in further prevention.

Include soy in your diet and eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, mostly tomatoes because they contain lycopene which is an antioxidant. Eat them cocked because it allows your body to access the lycopene more easily then from fresh tomatoes.

However, it’s very important to talk to your doctor about the diet, so don’t hesitate to ask your doctor whether dietary supplements are right for you.

I hope this helps!

I wish you all the best!

Pseud0

Legend
... and one more thing ... Prostatisis can only affect your sex drive only psychologically, so there's no need to worry about your sex drive ;-) , except you would be prescribed on some drugs which could affect your libido. Some of drugs like Levaquin or Flomax could reduce sex drive to just about nothing.

However, the best way to find it out is to consult with your GP regarding this problem, but I think you'll get your libido back right after you heal the inflammation!