Hi, folks. My father used to have quite problems with his kidneys in the past. He had stones and at the end he got pyelonephritis. Now he has no symptoms or difficulties, but I would like to keep this. Are there any herbs that he could use for kidneys? I would appreciate all your replies.

Hello. Many people suffer from kidney stones and it can produce very hard pain. I recommend your father drinking bearberry. It is excellent for kidneys cleansing. It also helps with kidney infection. Nettle is also excellent as a nutrient. It is rich with vitamins, potassium, iron and calcium. Corn silk is great for chronic urinary infections. I hope something will help. Good luck!

Classical herbs to dissolve kidney stones include Uva Ursi (Bearberry), Checa Piedra and Gravel Root. As indicated on bottles add recommended amount to warm water and sip. Try a small amount first and see how it sits. Also consult you doctor to make sure these herbs are not contra-indicated with any medications you may be taking. Note that before ultrasounds and surgery, these herbs were commonly used for kidney stones.