in one word:
WOW

this cd is so damn bloody good. it's only 33 minutes long and for 15 bucks i still feel i got a deal. it's not quite as 'heavy' as the last one, basically it's all geared to the singers vocal skills so it just floats around, but still has the new york rock to it.

and it is good. oh so good. get on kazaa - check out 12:51, Between Love and Hate, Meet Me In the Bathroom, and the mellowest track Under Control.

now.you.go.

Here's my review of the new Jennifer Knapp album, The Collection. Since i just finished my Amazon.com review, i figured i'd just include it in this thread.

This is Jennifer Knapp s fourth cd (not counting the independent release Wishing Well) and this is a 2 disc Greatest Hits album. What is different about this album, compared to other Greatest Hits albums is that it is not just a collection of her singles. Rather, the fans were able to go online and vote for the songs they wanted on the album. The top 15 vote getting songs made it onto the first disc. So, we have some singles like A Little More , Undo Me and Breathe on Me , but we also have favorite album cuts that would never make a typical Greatest Hits album: Martyrs and Thieves , Refine Me , and When Nothing Satisfies . As much as I love the singles that Jennifer Knapp has released, my favorite songs are usually the album tracks. In particular, Martyrs and Thieves and When Nothing Satisfies are two of my favorite songs and I m very happy that both made onto this album (I voted for both of those songs).

The second disc is a collection of demos, b-sides, and a couple of songs that were on other albums. Sing Alleluia and Hallowed were on the City on a Hill album. It Is Well With My Soul was on the Audio Adrenaline album, Underdog. Believe was on an album by Grits. Return to Me and Sing Out in Joy were never released before. Nothing is Impossible was on Knapp s independent release Wishing Well, but never quite made it to any of the studio releases. The other tracks are demos from the recording sessions of Jennifer s three albums.

To put it simply, I love this album. Jennifer Knapp has long been my favorite musician and the opportunity to have a Greatest Hits album that also has some of the b-sides and non-album tracks is too much to pass up. But this package doesn t stop there. Gotee Records asked the fans voting for the songs to also submit a testimony for a song telling what the song has meant to them. Instead of reprinting the lyrics that are included in the other three albums, these personal testimonies would be included as the liner notes. Maybe I m biased because I have one of the song testimonies for Martyrs and Thieves , but I thought that was a fantastic idea. It gives the fans an opportunity to write back about how much Jennifer s music has meant in their lives. As a fan of Jennifer Knapp s music, I would definitely recommend getting this album (even if you ve never heard her before). You ll get a sample of what her fans think are her best songs, and will also get a bonus disc filled with demos and rarities. Highly recommended.

anybody else? :shrug:

Nobody loves us.

I bought Seether - Disclamer and Three Doors Down - Away From the Sun after the concert. The Seether one is good, but there's only 3 songs that really stand out. At $14, it's a bit overpriced, but those 3 songs are worth it to me. Away From the Sun is just plain awesome. I picked it up at Best Buy for a mere $9.99 and it rocks. Good mix of heavier rock (for 3DD) and mellow chill music. All the songs are great and I can listen to it straight through. I recently received a copy of Smile Empty Soul's self titled album. It too is really good. There's a lot of catchy songs, but if you're after deep meaningful lyrics, you probably won't find it here. I haven't listened to it but maybe 3 times through, but lyrics didn't seem to be the strong point.