Does anyone enjoy listening to country or rock? Maybe you like rap over hip hop? Or maybe you're just a classical music nut with a soft spot for jazz? In any case, I'd like to hear what everyone out there listens to. I'm trying to expand my music taste and it helps me to learn what other people are listening to. I really like top 40 and I listen to a lot of popular stuff but I'd like to listen to more obscure interesting stuff too. If you have any ideas, help me out! Thanks.

I enjoy most genres. My favorite being gospel, because of the message. I think that there is something to be appreciate about almost all types of music. The one that I don't enjoy are hard rock. I believe that the musicians are probably very talented, but I don't find anything encouraging, soothing, uplifting or engaging about it. In my world, it just sounds like a lot of noise that very effectively gets people very emotional and riled up. It doesn't seem to have a very positive affect on people. That's just my opinion and I know that many people will disagree with me. It's just my personal opinion, no offense intended. I'm not a fan of the hard core, negative hip hop for the same reasons. A lot of the lyrics have affected our youth and culture in a very negative way.

This is really a hard question for me. I like to listen to many things. From rock to pop. :-) I like House, and drum 'n' bass, also dance, rock, also some of pop things. I can not describe myself as a person that is orientated by the one gender of music. I really enjoy nice music. But it all depends on my mood. I listen what I think it is the best for me in that particular moment.
Is anybody else various like me? :-)

I'm stuck in the 50's and 60's but find myself listening to country a lot. I also have taken a shine to a little hip hop. I love Akon and Black Eyed Peas, but am just as comfortable with The Rolling Stones or Patsy Cline.
I'm not into classical or folk but have tried to get into some hard rock as my husband listens to that. He also like jazz, which i don't mind much.

bbfeet9 you haven't heard any new Black Eyed Peas, have you? I love "Boom Boom Pow" even though it's just come out. I downloaded it on iTunes right away and I haven't stopped listening since. They're very much a dance/pop high energy band but I don't think that I mind that. I like that their sound updates from year to year.

Love that song healthnfitnessguy.
Drop the beat now, boom boom boom, yeow, when that song comes on in the truck i crank it. My bass is banging and the people in the cars look at me like i'm a youngster, tho i am way not.
I also like Fergie as well.

I love Rolling Stones as well bbfeet. I like the 80' but like I said, I'm can listen to almost everything, it only depends on my mood.
I can imagine you in the car with a loud music coming from it. :-)
Do you maybe like Chris Isaac?

I enjoy almost any type of rock music.

Im 20 and i love the oldies. to me rap is distasteful and rude. rock is good. i find that todays music is all starting to sound the same.

Do any of you like some foreign music? For instance, something from Europe of Africa or maybe Asia?
I see many of you here like rock. Well manna, todays music is all about technology. They have samples, they just fit them together and make a song. I think older music had more quality. What do you think?

Drum and bass and dubstep all the way! Nothing better than a rave! respect

technoooooooooooo technooooo and... classical...? O_o...

my absolute favorite is any music by nevershoutnever. anything christofer drew ingle does is a true masterpiece. i also like some songs by a rocket to the moon.