Let’s loosen up a bit and leave performances, speeds and mileages for a while. Tell us what song is in your head during swim practice? Unfortunately, unlike our colleagues, runners and bikers, we can’t listen to the mp3 players while exercising and we have to sing for ourselves. So, what do you usually hum to yourself while you’re in the water? Is it something dynamic or relaxing?

I hope they’ll invent some state-of-the-art device that’ll enable us to listen to music while we’re swimming! I mean, all we hear is the water splashing and bubbles gurgling. It is not so unpleasant, but sometimes I need something to boost up my motivation, and music is great for that. These days, my favorite song while I’m training is Ooh by Scissor sisters. It’s so dynamic and rhythmic. Generally speaking I like faster and more energetic songs when I’m training but sometimes when I want to concentrate I need a song that is calmer and that sets my mind at ease. At those moments, the song Carnival by The Cardigans is in my head. It’s soothing but doesn’t make me drowsy.

Hm...I can't imagine any song in my head while I'm swimming, I'm to concentrated on breathing and swimming, that alone is enough fun for me :)