hi everyone i wanted to post this.. i just got back from vacation, with my bf. we had unprotected sex a couple of times while on vacation. yesterday i was suppose to start my period. i did but its very irregular.. slows, stops, spots but have had very heavy bleeding moments. i was on vacation for 16 days. i got back last wednesday i took two early response pregnancy tests one this morning and one last night. both negivite, however the one last night was much darker then this morning. i've been having neuasa, headaches, cramping, funny tastes in my mouth, cravings for such things as pickles (i hate pickles), feeling like im pregnant, and my boobs have been so sore, i usually have very few sytomps with it comes to my periods so this is very strange for me.. do you think its possible im pregnant...?

the fact that you are bleeding makes it less likely. but if you'd like you can take another test in a few days.

kmdr89- I deleted your other post because it was exactly the same and double posts are not permitted (terms of use)

Anyways....to answer your question - I'd have to agree with achampagne, it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. Getting your period is shedding the lining of your uterus and ridding of the "egg" that wasn't fertilized...Any "heavy bleeding" at all usually indicates that it is indeed a period....periods are not always the same and if you were pregnant a hpt would show (a pregnancy can't exist without the HCG hormone) The "symptoms" that you are having are most likely the phenomenon that many women get when they fear or are wishing for pregnancy....A woman can convince herself so easily and sometimes even cause "morning sickness, lack of cycle, and every other"symptom" under the sun.....if it wasn't for the negative hpt they would swear that they were pregnant (some actually still do) Take comfort in the fact that the chances are so very slim that you are ... at least not this time and/or not anymore (at least 25% of all fertilized eggs don't implant which this is also where your symptoms could be coming from..). If you don't want a baby right now consider getting on the pill...its the most effective form of birthcontrol there is with the least amount of side effects (at least the classic pills like ortho-tricyclin)
One last thing- do you mean that the "control line" on the HPT was much darker last night? That wouldn't indicate much except maybe your urine at the time was darker or you read it after a longer amount of time....

Good luck to you and I hope you are able to stop worrying (your other post said "you are worried that you are pregnant"