Today, After exercising, I was changing my underwear and I discovered some dark brown discharge on my underwear. I panicked and took a pregnancy test which was negative. It has been 14 days since my period ended and my period isn't due for at least 10 days. Since my last period, the last time I had sex was 2ish days ago on Saturday. I had sex 3 times and some of it was kind of rough :$ I'm relatively new at the whole sex thing (I've been active for about 2.5 months) and I hadn't had sex more then once until then. All of the times were protected and my boyfriend only came once, inside of me (inside of the condom of course). I believe it's also around the time I would be ovulating (right?) but I have never had bleeding around ovulation before. I also had some slight cramping but it could have all been in my head. My discharge continued all day but it stayed very little. It also had a lot of stringy tissue-like brown material. I'm very worried about this %-) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Froggy: When condoms are used correctly they are 97% effective, so that means 3 times out of a 100 they fail!!! It sounds like implantation bleeding, BUT it could be just breakthrough bleeding too. I can't tell you either way honey! It is too early to take a test. The only way is waiting for at least another 11 days or so. First Response HPT said they can detect upto 5 days before your expected period to see if you're pregnant or not! I know that's a lifetime, but there is NO used to you taking tests that wont show anything till your HCG levels are high enough IF you are pregnant that is. So good luck hon and let me know what happens OK? sorry I couldn't be more help!

Well, my bleeding stopped and the cramps also stopped but I had eaten something funny and I think the cramps might have been more in my stomach. I wore a pad last night so I could monitor my bleeding and it tapered off completely. Now that I think about it I did have sex the day my period ended. It was protected though and he still came out of me in the condom. I also remember spotting in the middle of a period once and it was a similar color. The only difference was that I was under a lot of stress and until now I was not under any stress at all. Does any of this make it any clearer as to what my bleeding was from? Also, is there anything I can do besides wait?

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation...

My period has an average of a 30 day cycle and I had sex with a condom on the 27th day and he came outside. My period came on its usual day with cramps and lasted its usual 7 days, but the flow was slightly diminished in comparison with my previous period.

I've been stressed out and I have, in the past, had lighter periods.

I've been so nervous about the possibility of getting pregnant I took 2 pregnancy tests! They both came out negative. Today I'm feeling a little queasy, and even though I just keep thinking its my anxiety I just feel even more anxious about it being something else!!!!

Someone please help me calm down... : (

Hi honey I'm confused! The original post you said he came inside you, and now you say he came outside of you! You also mentioned 3 times, was there ANY ejaculation inside?! Also when you REALLY don't want something to happen - such as a pregnancy - you can start talking yourself out of it by making contradictory remarks, so just really think about it and see which one is right OK? IF he never came inside AT ALL then you are fine! IF he did, then you will have to wait. Keeping in mind that stress has HUGE effects on your cycle! Also implantation bleeding only lasts a short time. It's not a regular period! Let me know OK? Good luck honey!

There was only one ejeculation inside but he had a condom on. We've never had unprotected sex. The time I mentioned in my second post was a time earlier in my cycle that I forgot to mention in my first post. Sorry if I confused you :'(

Oops I posted my reply as a guest by accident. :$ well I pretty much said that the only time he did come inside of me was inside of a condom. The time I was talking about in my second post was a time earlier in his month's cycle. I'm really sorry that that was so confusing. Liking back, I even confused myself. Also, my bleeding started up again today. No cramps but the same dark brown discharge.

Thanks Froggy! It sounds like your period is coming on. Implantation bleeding doesn't happen like this - on and off. You are probably stressed out and it is causing your period to be off! Try and relax and it should just come on! As you stated before your periods are irregular so this is no exception. Let me know if anything else goes on OK?

And Guest - Not you Froggy ;-) - You are NOT pregnant honey, due to the fact that you were sensible enough for your bf to wear a condom then HE was sensible enough to ejaculate outside! There is ZERO chance you are pregnant. Just the same as froggy a whole bunch of stress and nerves. So don't worry anymore OK?

Good luck and health to both of you!

Well, as of this morning I still have the same dark brown discharge. I don't think it's my period because my last period just ended 11 days ago. My periods have been irregular the past few months since I lost my virginity but there has never been less then 25 days between the end of one period and the start of the next. I read somewhere that if it was implantation bleeding it would be more likely to be occurring around the time of my next period. Is that true? Also isn't it hard to get pregnant before you ovulate? If it was implantation bleeding would it be lasting this long? Sorry for all the questions but I'm not very knowledgeable %-)

Hi Froggy: Ask away!! Pregnancy can happen at ANY time througout the cycle - even when you are having your period - BUT the chances are greater around the time of ovulation. When you ovulate the ovary releases the egg, then the fallopian tube catches it and as it travels down the tube this is where the sperm can get to it - thus the reason for some tubal pregnancies - so the egg either fertilized or not, keeps travelling down till it gets into the uterus - this is about 72 hours in total! IF the egg is fertilized it will imbed into the uterus about 8 - 10 days after ovulation. IF it isn't the period will start! So basically if it is implantation bleeding it would happen for 1 - 2 days - keeping in mind everyone is different - and this would be about 12 days after ovulation. SOMETIMES if you continue to have spotting it cOULD mean that you are either experiencing a miscarriage or an etopic pregnancy. BUT also stress can really take it's toll on your periods.

On your 1st post on the 20th you said it has been 14 days since your last period ended, so now it would be 16 days right?! IF you think about it your symptoms of the discharge could be actually implantation bleeding!!!! I don't know honey, I really don't! I can't tell you for any certainty IF you ARE or AREN'T pregnant. You will just have to wait say 1 more week - I know that's a lifetime - but there is no use taking a HPT right now, I think it's too early, the longer you wait the better (I know not for your nerves) but we might as well get an accurate reading right? I AM worried about the continued discharge though! You did, however, mention that this happened to you before. But what you have to realize about implantation bleeding is this, the egg is barely visible to the naked eye, so when the fertilized egg burrows itself into the lining just think about how small that burrowing is, thus SPOTTING compared to constant bleeding. So I'm sorry I can't give you any answers, but there's only one way to know! Let me know what happens OK? Godo luck hon!

Sorry to confuse you but it turns out, in my first post, I counted wrong and today it would be 12 days since my last period. Well, my spotting has continued all day today. Its still dark brown. I was doing some research and I read somewhere that bacterial infections can cause you to spot like I am. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Also, if this is implantation bleeding are there any other pregnancy symptoms I would be experiencing at this time?

Oops, I did it again. I forgot to log-in and it posted my post as a guest. Sorry about that. :$

Should I be concerned about this? This morning I was taking a shower and I stuck a finger inside of me to see if I had and discharge in there and when I pulled it out I had very dark brownish-red almost black stringy clot-like material come out. It really scared me. There was just about 1/2 teaspoon in total. This can't be normal or is it? I was doing some more reading up on it and it sounded like a very very scaled down version of a miscarriage. Do you think that could have been what has happened? I've heard that they can happen before you even know you're pregnant. %-)

Hi hon: Yes unfortunately this sounds like you are in the middle of a miscarriage. The doctors can't do anything about it honey, what I would advise is for you to go to the hospital and get an ultrasound, just to clarify everything! The other thing that I am VERY worried about - as I stated in my last message - that you are having an etopic pregnancy. So please go get checked out and definitely let me know OK? Good luck hon!

Well, my spotting has slowed down to just a tiny tiny spot. I am actually getting some normal white discharge again! What are the symptoms of an etopic pregnancy? And how vital is it that I get checked out by a doctor? I'm going to be away with some of my family for a week and I would really prefer that they didn't find out about any of this so, do you think it would be ok if I wait a week? Also, could I get the necessary things checked out at a Planned Parenthood center?