I am 23 and My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 13th Of this month and the 15th of this month. Both times he did cum in me. (we always have unprotected sex these are just the two times he has actually came in me) I was on bc for a short period of time but then stopped. I was supposed to get my period on the 12th (according to my bc which I still looked at keep track of when I'm going to get my period) but it never came and a few days ago I had some brown spotting when I wiped, then nothing more. I find myself waking up and being hungry but not being able to eat because I feel like I'm going to get sick, and with having to urinate alot more and slight headaches but those are about the only symptoms. I took a hpt last night and one this morning both negative bit I think it may be too soon to tell. When should I take a test? What are my chances of being pregnant?

Hi Knicole,

If you expected your period on the 12th then chances are very low of pregnancy from either of the 13th or 15th.

You're at your lowest fertility just before your period.

It all depends upon when you ovulate.  Normally it's between days 11-16 of your cycle.  48 hours after ovulation, the egg is not viable and can't be fertilized.  Since you said this happened a day before you expected your period, it would be about day 27.

Your other symptoms are not specific to pregnancy.

You need to wait at least 2, preferably 3, weeks before the testing will be valid.

Hope it helps.

I got the 12th from the birth controli was taking for a short while then got off of it but I still looked at it to keep track of when I'd get my period.

Coming off of birth control could have altered your period schedule too.

I still don't think you're pregnant but wait at least another week to test and use your very first morning urine. You want it dark, concentrated, not light after you've had any fluids for the best results.

Good luck.