i have a 28 day cycle, had sex on 6/24. last normal period began 6/14. according to research i had sex during my "fertile period". Expected date of ovulation was6/27. next period should've started on 7/11 or7/12. Yet it came one week early on 7/5 instead. it was very different from any other. I t started off l light pinkish brwn then darker red only when i wiped, then i bled more heavily needing a pad and then it was bright red and back to brown. all in all it was much lighter in volume then my regular periods. also noticed that it did not smell at all like a period, no smell at all. this all lasted for abt 4 days only 2 days of heavier bleeding though the last two days were very light in volume and in color. also on the last day i noticed mucus tinged blood coming out. i'm very bloated as well. took a test today . it was neg. has anyone else experienced this? Please any feedback will be much appreciated. thanks.

Only some women have an implantation bleeding when they get pregnant, around a third of them I think? An implantation bleeding typically:

• Comes a week or so after ovulation
  • Consists of very light spotting, not enough to fill a menstrual pad
  • Has a dark brown or dark red color, though it can also be light pink
  • Doesn't last longer than a day or two 

I have never heard of an implantation bleeding having any kind of smell, and when you say "smell", I think an infection is more likely. Anything from an STD to a fungal infection may give you a weird smell, so I would start looking there. 

I had something similar. I am on birth control so I always know exactly when my period is coming. Though my doctors told me I may have lighter/less painful periods, I have been on the same meds for a year and have noticed no difference. I always have very heavy bleeding for 5-6 days. Well, this month I have very light bleeding for 3 days and it was really dark and sort of dry. Normally it's very wet and bright red. I don't think I am pregnant because I am usually very good at taking my pill at the same time every day but for the last couple of days I have had backaches and breast tenderness. Does anyone have any advice on when I should take a home pregnancy test?

this could be implantation bleeding... its when the egg implants itself into the uterine wall after being "fertilized".. this could be a sign of early pregnancy.. take a test after u miss ur period... GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

Hi i know its been 3 years ago but how did this play out? were you pregnant??

Hi wishingwell...what happened to your results? were you pregnant or not? I am in the same boat really wants to get pregnant...lets see what will happen after few days i am going to take pregnancy test. Please do let me know.

were you pregnant??

Hi wondering if you could help me last night I had sex with my boyfriend n experienced pain and a smell then this morning I came on my period which carried a smell also i have implant in so confused ????????

I'm so confused I spotted sat on 8 do and again 12dpo and this morning on 13 do I had a lit if white cm in my pantie sorry for the tmi but I need help

Yes I've also experience this aswel, I've had a very light bleeding but I know it's not my period as I've done pregnacey test and it was negitve. I've had unprotected sex for a month my with my boyfriend and I don't understand how I'm not pregnant??? It's pretty strange!! Ugh I am late about nearly a month too so I haven't got a clue what's going on with my body so I know where your coming from it's weird like.

Make Sure It Isn't An Pregnancy In Your Tubes , You Can Ask The Doctor To Do A Sonogram To Check Your Fallopian Tubes To Make Sure There Isn't A Baby In There , Idk If You Know This Already But The Baby Nor You Can/Will Survive If You Decide To Keep It Or Wait To Long To Check With Your Doctor

How did it play out for you?

I believe so

We will know tomorrow

Wishingwell and tachwa41163 are you pregnant?