So, my last period started 09/23/2012. On Thursday evening, October 25 I took a clearblue digital hpt and got a positive. The next morning, Friday the 26, I took another first thing and got another positive. I went to my local health department later in the morning, they told me I got a negative but their tests aren't as sensitive as hpt. Then I took another one this morning on the 27th of october and it was negative too. But I had a glass of water last night before bed, so it could have been diluted. I don't know what to belive! I know that false postives are rare, but could I have miscarried that quickly?

You can miscarry at any time. I don't think the water the previous night should not have made much difference as the test is looking for the presence of hCG. I would suggest another test in 2 days time.

Also, you don't indicate the likelihood or desirability of pregnancy.

Hope this helps.

What do you mean the likelihood or desirability of pregnancy?

Liklelihood - How likely are you to get pregnant. What did you do and when? Was contraception involved? What other factors?

Desirability - Do you want to be pregnant, or do you want not to be pregnant?

The post was a little lacking on detail to give more help

My boyfriend and I started having sex unprotected about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I do want to be pregnant, but I don't think I am, I had another negative test this morning. But I still don't know what caused me to have the two poitive tests in the beginning.

It is unlikely that you would show negative if you miscarried. I had a miscarriage and even weeks after i still tested positive for pregnancy test bc my hormone level was still high. I would wait at least a week and test again. Are you late for your period? some pregnant woman dont show positive results until at least 5 weeks pregnant.  But everyone is different. good luck to you.

I am almost two week late on my period. Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks late. So I count the weeks from the dates of my last ovulation period and that's how many weeks along I would be if I am pregnant, right? I have so many questions, and I feel dumb for asking, I feel like I should know this stuff.