Hi, my daughter is 12 years old, and she has some emotional problems. A doctor prescribed her nortriptyline for nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting). I am so worried about her, I hope this drug will help. Did anyone use it, and are there any side effects?

Hello, I’ve been depressed for two years, and a psychiatrist prescribed me nortriptyline. I am using it for six months, and it did help me a little. I had some side effects, but they lasted only for a while. My mouth was dry, and I was constantly tired. Once I even fell asleep at work, and had many problems because of it. This could be a big problem if your daughter goes to school and has to learn, but it doesn’t mean at all that she will have the same side effects as me, or any other. If a doctor prescribed nortriptyline to her, she should use it. I’m sorry to hear that such a young girl has emotional problems, and I hope this drug will help her to beat them.