Hello! I have diabetes and problems with peripheral neuropathy. I have problems with loosing sense in my toes and I can tell you that I cannot sleep. This is very painful for me. My doctor told me that peripheral neuropathy is most common neuropathy. He prescribed me nortriptyline. I know that this drug is tricyclic antidepressant and I doubt that it will help me. Can you tell me something more about cause of diabetic peripheral neuropathy? Thank you!

Hello! Unfortunately, I cannot tell you much about cause of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. We are not sure what exactly causes diabetic peripheral neuropathy. But, I can tell you that your doctor prescribed you right therapy for your condition. Nortriptyline is used to help decrease pain and help with sleep. I am sure that you will fill progress after a week or two.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK INTO R-LIPOIC ACID.