Hi, folks. My friend’s kid has been experiencing some problems with enuresis. She went to an expert and her son was recommended to take anti depressive therapy. I would like to know something more about this. I would be very grateful if you could tell me something more about this. Thanks.

Hello, there. Enuresis is also known as bedwetting for those who do not know this. Usual approach for this is behavioral therapy. However, antidepressants are also recommended. Imipramine (Tofranil) has been used for this purpose for almost 30 years. The exact mechanism is unknown. However, I think that psychotherapy should also be included. Maybe your friend forgot to tell you. Ask her. I hope this will help.

Hi, there. I have also heard about Imipramine and its use for enuresis. I agree that its precise mechanism is still unknown. Some people think that it decreases the depth of sleep in last third of the night. It also increases the bladder capacity. It can show mild reactions like: gastrointestinal symptoms, insomnia, nervousness, etc. Your friend should be aware of these. I hope everything will be all right with her kid. Good luck! Bye!