i have had for more than 25 years a drying of my nostrils which ultimately hardens into a white paper thin scale, which i can remove by scraping. initially it had an odor which has long since disappeared. i have seen numerous Doctor's. both ENT and Dermatologists, and used a variety of creams and sprays with no real help. i've been tested for allergies and spent a year of twice monthly visits to an ENT for treatments of various types. none of the Dr's. has ever attempted a culture, even though i have asked them to. Two Doctors had no opinion to offer, one told me i would probably have to persevere. i have been using Cortisporin ointment for years to soften the scaling for removal. i asked my current Dermatologist about Naseptin which I've been told is effective in some hard to cure skin conditions of the nasal passages and is a prescription drug sold in England. he has been skeptical of it's effectiveness and reluctant to prescribe it. I am 80 years old and concerned that it will migrate upward into my sinuses. i recently had surgery for Melanoma and it is in remission. I now have what i believe is light headed periods which may be from overuse of the cortisporin. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi vin, I can tell you that if you have a fungus that this is the best thing--what you should do is try to get a treatment of lamosil. I know that it is a known antifungal that actually crops up in the skin, so it can kill a fungal infection that's in the body. Is that something that you'd be able to get from a doctor?