I have noticed some strange white formation around my fingernail. At first I didn’t know what it is, but it seems I have a fungal infection. I must solve this somehow. Is there any natural cure I could take for this? I would take herbs, infusions and similar stuff. Thank you for replying to my post.

Hi! Well, one of the popular home remedy is soaking the finger nail infected in a solution that can kill the fungus. The solutions that are used most often for this purpose are diluted vinegar, bleaching powder, and hydrogen peroxide. Generally the soaking has to be continued till the fungus infection is cleared in total which may take few weeks or even few months. In case quick results are expected thinning of the affected finger nail may be tried which will facilitate more absorption of the killer solution. Tea tree oil is one of the most popular home remedy for fingernail fungus. This tea tree oils is scientifically proven for its amazing antifungal properties. This tea tree oil can be directly applied over the infected finger nail. It can penetrate the finger nail better than any other oil and banish the fungus there by curing the condition. Tea tree oil is available in the pure form or in the blended form with other ingredients. There is yet another effective home remedy available in the form of antifungal mud and this mud is from Czech Republic. This mud also can be applied over the fingernail. The effect of this mud is enhanced if the soaking of the fingernail with any one of the solutions such as hydrogen peroxide, bleaching powder is combined. I hope some of these remedies will help you.

Wow, April O.

I have had infected toe nails for about 35 years and I've never been able to get any relief.
The doctor who first diagnosed it said he never heard of anyone dieing from it so there was nothing to do but live with it. My next and current family doctor has the same attitude. He refuses to prescribe Lamisil for me saying it is too expensive and the fungus will just come back anyway. About ten years ago I was in a Lipitor drug study and the doctor there noticed the fungus during the EKG they did. She promised to give me a prescription after the 7 year study was completed. All she gave me was a note for the VA that it was OK to give me Lamisil now. I took it to the VA and she said they only fill prescriptions from my family doctor they don't issue them.

About 20 years ago I stubbed a toe on the bed post and tore off a nail. That one grew back clean and stayed clean until last year when the little critters managed to migrate over from the other toes.

Over the years I've tried several "cures" but none of them worked. Some stuff you paint on that was heavily advertised in magazines and soaking in corn meal are two that come to mind.

I will have to try some of the ones you mentioned, I never heard of any of them.