Hello, I recently may have had a cold sore, it was a itchy/funny feeling part on my lip that did open up. It went away after a few days without medication but I dont know for sure it was a cold sore.

So, I may have HSV-1 (I am going to GUM clinic on Tuesday for a full check up)

I also have noticed some strange white spots or raised bumps inside both nostrils, could this be related? Are these spots also a symptom of HSV-1?

I went to the doctors and he prescribed some oitment for me to use on the white patches in each nostril, it is called Bactroban mupirocin. This does not seem to be helping, I even think there are more white spots now than before.

Please could anyone shed any light on this situation for me, I am concerned for my partner and also I have to wait for the results from the GUM clinic so any advice will be welcomed (I will ask the GUM doctors for advice also)

Thank you :-)

Hello

Just writing as I think I may be in a similar position regarding white spots. I have had these in the bottom front of each nostril for around 2-3 months.

They seem white, coarse but aren't sore Have you had any joy or more info?

Here's a summary of my story:-

Symptoms/story so far
1. Recurring spot inside left nostril (used to flare up & then disappear)
2. Recurring spot has now gone but after last time it left a bump in nostril.
3. Bump has grown in size, nose enlarging, puffy on left outer side
4. Bump/ nose has now enlarged on right side, outer nostril.
5. Small white marks in bottom front of both nostrils.

I have been given Naseptin followed by Fucidin H, Aciclovir & Flucloxacillin antibiotics by Doctor but no joy.
I have had a nose swab but nothing found.

I have the same thing. Mine are inside and hurt super bad. I also got Bactoban and it seems to make it worse and now I think it's going in to my left nostril. Please let me know if you fine anything out and I will do the same. I didn't have any cold sores but I have had shingles which is another form of herpes! I need relief!!!

i have a chronic itch in my left nostril only and against the wall of my left nostril is a little white circle. it's not always there, but will it go away on its own? is it from scratching? is it a skin lesion? im hoping if i stop scratching itwill go away on it's own. Any suggestions? i put vicks in there, maybe i burned the skin? HELP! I just want it to go away! should i put heat on it?

I just found out from my ENT that I have a very tiny white spot in my left nostril!! The ENT asked if I smoked and I said yes but I stopped this past year! He gave me some antibiotic cream to apply twice a day for two weeks. He said if it doesn't go away then he will remove and send it out for lab test.

P.S I was bleeding from the nose a lot prior to seeing the ENT. Don't self diagnose go see a doctor. I am shaking in my boot---CANCER

No go see an ENT!

IVE GOT A PIMPLE INSIDE MY NOSE AND AN GLANDE IVE HAD THIS FOR 6 WEEKS IVE BEEN T HOSPITAL DOCTOERS THIS MONDAY I WENT T THE DOCTERS SHE COULD NOT BURST IT FOR ME WHAT CAN I DO