Does anyone have a hard bump inside nostril?. I was picking my nose one day when i noticed that i have a hard painless bump inside my right nostril. It's doesn't hurt...but im worried that it could be cancer??. I have been looking all over the web but have not found a good answer. The bump is like a mini size ball and very hard, not soft. Like when you hit your head on something and a bump grows (that kind of bump)lol. Someone let me know please. Im scared.

Hi i have this kind of problem too. I went to dr.already and he said that its nothing i think my case is almost same as yours its a hard bump i think as hard as a bone im also woried coz the left one dont have so im going to see another dr for 2nd opinion.

If the bump is on the dividing wall that's between both nostrils, (septum) it's a nasal septal hematoma: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/149280-overview

You probably scratched it by mistake with a fingernail and then it formed.  It will not go away unless you have it removed.

I had a hard white painless bump for like 10 years it all of a sudden very slowly started getting bigger. I 3x in 3hrs put 1 piece of rock salt on it and let it melt on there, clear liquid poured out everytime then twice a day for a week I cleaned it with rubbing alchohol or tee tree oil. After a week it was completly flat but still had the white spot over the next month the white spot flaked off and I'm all good again

Hello I seem to have just that and I too am worried about it. It could be that I have scratched it. It is on the dividing wall between both nostrils. It does not hurt and it is white. It feels hard when I go over lightly with my finger. You seem to be very sure about the fact that it is a nasal septal hematoma. Did you have the same problem or di d you go to the doctor besides reading about it??

Thanks

There aren't many answers for this on the internet that put a mind to rest.I've never posted about a health issue but I felt the need to this time.I have a small hard lump inside my left nostril.I've had it for about a year now.Up until two days ago,I had been Googling anything I could find on this,I was scared because all the answers were pretty bad.I finally went to see my primary doctor who looked at it and said,its not cancerous but I don't know what it is! He sent me over to dermatology.The doctor looked at it and said its a clogged gland.Apparently these dont always just go away on their own.I was deathly afraid of something so simple.
My advice is to just go see a doctor so you know what it is and don't have to worry.

I also have the same thing, Ive seen 3 doctors now and they have all said its normal, 1 doctor said it was the end of a turbinate in the nose. Mine is the left side nostril and its as you put your finger up your nose just before the nostril bone. I panicked like all of us and still do worry about it but seen as we all have the same thing it must be normal but check with your doctor first.

Oh I feel so much better reading this! I too was worried, but hopefully nothing as mine is in the place as you all have described and is white and hard, unlike the polyps I have read about on other sights. My primary doctor is on leave or I would have had it checked out already. I was afraid to "google" it because often that scares me worse, but this time I'm glad I finally did. I will still have DR check out but I won't fret about it as much. :)

Hi guys! I also have a hard lump in my nostril at the tip which i have been worrying about because it has been getting bigger, my doctor has reffered me to the hospital E.N.T clinic this tuesday (30.07.13) will hopfully be something and nothing but will put my mind to rest!

Me and my dad have both had them, i've had mine for about 6 or 7 years, it gets very irritable some times and stings when it gets larger but it comes and goes. It feels the same as everyone else is describing though, never been sure what it is but seems a bit small to go to the drs about and whenever i do i forget to ask tbh. I cant understand how there is so little information about what it could be, i doubt a scratch could last for as long as this has? 

On second thought I think I was wrong about the hematoma. I went to an ENT and they said it's a septal spur, and left me hanging with no recourse. :( I told them it stresses me out from the "nose trumpet" noises and impaired airflow, but, since the only solution is surgical removal, doctors are only concerned if it grows so much that it blocks your nostril almost entirely, or causes nasal central headaches if it pushes against your skull bone on the opposite side of the nostril. Otherwise you're sadly outta luck! :(

They say it's caused by injury like getting kicked with a soccer ball in the face, but I haven't injured it recently. Since I HAVE had a couple of soccer balls bash my face in my childhood, I can only presume that the spur is emerging now later in life as chronic oxidative stress and inflammation builds in the body while aging.

I have the exact same little bump in my right nostril.  I went to the Dr and she gave me an antibiotic ointment to put on it 3xs a day and it went away but just came back again after almost a year!  The ointment is called Mupirocin 2%. 

i 1s scratched mine open and a hard ovalish shaped rock hard thing came out? it regrew later on and same thing happens every time i get 1 open. mine also shrink to flat then next month the lump comes back and i have it in both nostrils. they come and go sometimes i get them both at the same time

Thanks everyone got something similar... I don't think its really an issue at all for me though 

Hey I think we might have the same thing an I've looked all over the web