A few weeks ago I had a bad case of bronchitis, and finally went to the doctor and he gave me a strong antibiotic. I took it for 10 days and during nad since then I have a sickly sweet smell in my nose. It was worse while I was sick, but I still smell it every day even though I am over the bad cough and feeling fine. Sometimes it seems that I can smell it in my stool also. What can I do to get rid of it?

Hey

I think that you may be overreacting with all this. Sweet smell that you feel all around you maybe doesn’t even exist. It could be something in your head. For example when I am cleaning my toilet I am using very strong cleaning remedy. It has awful smell but it is the only thing that cleans absolutely everything. After I finish with cleaning I have that awful smell in my nostrils for days even when I am outside and even in other people houses. But then I have realized that it is in my head and I am smelling coffee beans to get rid of that smell.   

Sometimes it helps but sometimes not. I hope it will help you. 

I am having the same issues - It is not diabetes. Any suggestions

I have the exact same symptoms.

I had this a few times. It is generally due to a sever sinus infection. The sweet smell I was told by my doctor is actually the waste produced by the bacteria. I was on two different antibiotics that did not help. finally he tried a really strong sulfur antibiotic and it cleared up in 3 days

I was prescribed Mupiracen and it is a gel like substance that comes in a tube. You apply it inside the nostrils and it worked in a just a few days. A welcome relief after months of the weird smell and some pain in my nostrils. Ask your dr for it!

I don't know if you ever got an answer on this but it's not in your head. I have the same thing. Bronchitis with a sickening sweet kind of smell. I also have been taking antibiotics.

I always get the sweet apricot type smell when I have an infection in my nose - not sinuses but in the nostrils. I swab neosporin in there and it usually helps it go away.

did you lose your sense of smell and taste at the time of bronchitis?

is this a problem??? I have a sweet smell in my nostrils, for the past year and that is a big plus in Manhattan!!!