Hi guys,

i was looking inside my nostrils, and i could see in my left nostril that there is like a bump or lump right at the very top of the nostril. I press on it from the outside of my nose, it doesn't hurt, its not sore, i presume its been there for a very long time, its soft, and is no harm. I did check on the right nostril and it looks clear.

Are the nostrils suppose to be clear and hollow?

I have the same problem. As there is no answer I would like to bump this topic. It is just inside on the upper part of the left nostril. If required I can post a picture, but you can only see it if you push your nose up like a pig nose. It does seem to block about 50% of the airflow.

You will find that it is natural to be there. You probably have noticed it because you have a cold or rather your sinuses are inflamed. When they are big, they are filled with fluid which really needs to come out. Sometimes when you press on the outer part of your face close to your nose, it may feel painful. Then you know they are infected as they catch the drain from your sinus basins. When you can hardly breathe through your nose, that is, your nostrils are congested, if you then look at those bumps, you will notice that they would be blocking the nasal airway.
Hope you find that helpful!
:-D

The name of bump is nasal turbinate and also medically known as nasal concha

Actually that's not it. Not a bump you can see from the outside, it is a bump inside the nostril which is soft and can be pressed on. It is white.

Here is a picture of the bump on the (right) (my left) nostril after i pull my nose upwards to expose it.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5061/nosef.jpg

I have the same problem. If I put my finger I can feel a lump which is soft and if I press it feel hard. There is no bleeding or any liquid oozing but if I try to poke it with my nail then it is painful...if I press it then it doesn;t hurt. Can anyone please help me with this?

I also have had this mysterious bump appear. however, i found mine because my nose would randomly bleed. and i decided to look in it, and found this bleeding lump. sooo... i'd like to know what it is...

I'm not sure if the problems that have been posted here are all the same thing. I can see that some issues that you are posting seem to be sinus related and that's what my guess is for a couple of the lumps. However, some hurt and some don't. If you have a painful or a painless lump, that is something to have checked out by your doctor. We can guess at what these are but I think that ultimately it's best left to a medical professional. Has anyone had these checked out?

I did a little research and here's what I found. If the bump is small, and not painful, it could just be ingrown hair. However, if it is larger you'd want to be checked to be sure that you are not developing a cyst or cysts in your airway. See a doctor if it really worries you. You can't go wrong with that. Please let us know what you find out about this. I'm sure you're info will be helpful to others.

I was suffering from nose bleeds and went to the doctors about them, i also noticed a lump in my nose. I was given a nasal spray called nasonex and referred to an ENT. He has tole me it is a nasal polyp and i am having surgery on the 14th of August. So if anybody hasn't gone to the doctor's yet then i would reccomend it. If it is small enough surgery isn't necessary, which i wish mine was because i am extremely nervous.

I hope this helps.

wow i have the same thing u do to, im very worrie and very scared. please let me no if you know anything bout it.

I have the same thing in my left nostril that flares up and gets painful during the winter months when the air is dry. I have been to the ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat Specialist) three different times, three different opinions and they all said it was not a cyst, nor polyp but sinusitis and was recommended to use saline spray to keep the inside of my nasal nostrils hydrated and moist and as for the pain they recommended taking OTC Motrin and Ayr, a saline nasal gel with aloe vera. I do know its uncomfortable as heck and so painful but it

hi everyone ive got the same problem i have it in my right nostril, i didnt know what it was so i went to the docotors she looked at it and said its a pollom, its one of the biggest ones i have seen it blocks your airway completely leaving you only able to breathe out of one nostril, you have to have an operation to have it cut out otherwise if you leave it, it can grow bigger, im 15 years old and is near the bottom of my nostril, its caused from allergies and cold, i have really bad hayfever and have asthma so i get alot of colds most of the time, if you dont believe me go to the doctor yourself!!!! :-D

I have one of those bumps like your picture, it is in my right nostril.  My nose is sore to press on it.  Does anyone know if these are actually cysts?