I have been seeing blackish discharge in my underwear. I missed my period last month...and the 1st of this month i started seeing this black discharge...I am not due for my period until mid month. I am not on bc pills and never have been. I'm not pregant either. I'm very worried about what this could be. Please help!!

I went to see the doc for the same reason, I was really scared by the black discharge I was producing, this looked pretty bad and I was frightened it could be some cervical cancer and like. Then I pulled myself together and saw the doc, he explained me a few things. He said the black discharge is due to abnormal ovarian function that produce an abrupt change of the estrogen and progesterone at a very short time. Each change drops the level of progesterone and products a light spotting. The uterus lining then bleeds very slowly in each abrupt change and the spotting blood stays long enough to be oxidized and turn black inside your uterus. Then, when enough of blood accumulates, it is expelled to your vagina and this is how you get this black vaginal discharge.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?