i came off the pill at the start of july after two years because it was making me feel ill and i have had two months of regular periods, however my last period only lasted about 3 days and was very very light i am normally quite heavy and about 7 days. then yesterday i notice some brown discharge, and now it seems to be very dark brown/black really thick discharge has any one else had this? i have had unprotected sex but not right up to ejaculation and i did a pregnancy test and it said negative?
HELP PLEASE

i have had the same problem. i have 4 children, the youngest 2 1/2 and about 9 months ago my period went only 3 days. I have always been very regular with about a 7 day period. About 4 days later black/darker blood appeared and kept coming for a couple days. I went to the doc. and he found a blood clot in my uterus and said that it was appearing every month and it was just taking a little time for my body to break it down. Did you ever find out anything else? The doc. did not seem to know how to stop it from happening although he was confident it was not dangerous, just inconvenient. Has anyone else had this and have some answers?

The brown discharge is menstrual related. It can occur straight after a period or mid cycle. It's basically old blood, your uterus is getting rid of. It is dark brown but clots could appear almost black. It's nothing to worry about and just inconvienient. it shouldn't last more than a few days, if that. Only need to worry if it goes on for a long time or there are other symptoms, like pain/irritation, as it may have caused an imbalance in your vaginal flora, leading bacterial vaginosis.

I have the same problem. I am 32 yrs old with an almost 13 yr old child. I have recently gained a lot of weight, mainly because I quit my job and my boyfriend came back from Iraq. So I thought it may have been the weight gain. But reading this I feel like I'm not alone with this problem, my periods have been irregular for the past year I guess when they used to be normal. And now this dark brown discharge. It lasts for almost a week after my period. I have also been VERY moody. Almost to the point of strangling somebody. Could it be a change in hormones? Since I'm in my 30s now? I have also had pre cancerous cells on my cervix about 10 yrs ago. And had them removed so it worries me a little.