Hi I am expecting my period in several days.yesterday I had a light brownish -reddish discharge but it stopped I never had this kind of thing in my life. I am wondering could I be pregnant ? i was trying to get pregnant this month.

Thank you

This could be a sign of pregnancy. Some women experience implantation bleeding, which happens when the egg burrows itself into the uterus. This bleeding usually occurs just before your expected period. Most women describe it as a spotting... usually light pink or brown in color, but that can vary from woman to woman.

It is also common to have some brownish discharge right before your period starts... old blood and such... just your body getting ready to bleed.

You can take a pregnancy test. First response hpt can be taken up to 5 days before a missed period. Best of luck with everything!

I am having the same issue, I am now on day 40 of my cycle this month and my cycles have usually been normal. I had a brownish vaginal discharge on October 17, 2010 - October 20, 2010. I am a little worried now because this has NEVER happened to me. My sister told me that because my husband and I have been trying that it could have been implantation bleeding, but I am not sure. But either way I am now on day 40 of my cycle and still no spotting or bleeding. I have also taken a pregnancy test on October 30, 2010 and the test results were negative. But I know this was not period because I have been lucky enough to pin point my exact ovulation day each month and I was set to ovulate on the 12th of October and then start my bleeding or menstrual cycle on the 26th but instead I had the brownish vaginal discharge on Oct. 17-20. So if anyone knows something could they please let me know what it could be because I am really freaking out. Thanks! :-D