I am a 28 year old male and am experiencing numbness and tingling in my left hand and fingers. I have a lump on the inside of my left wrist where my hand meets my arm. I have had it for years and occasionally it would cause numbness and tingling while I slept, but getting up and walking around would cure it. Over the past few months it has gotten to the point that I cannot sleep a full night and now my hand and fingers tingle for a majority of the day! They feel swollen although not very much so visibly. Besides being very painful, I am concerned with long term nerve damage or loss of feeling. I have been told it is most likely a cyst. Unfortunately, I have been laid off and have no health insurance so I have not seen a doctor. Any and all advice are welcome and very appreciated! Thanks, Jay

Unfortunately, I don't believe that there is any medicine that you can find over the counter that would reduce the size of a cyst. I agree with you. It sounds like the diagnosed cysts is now affecting your circulation. This could eventually affect the use of your hand. Is there public medical assistance available to you? It's better to go now rather than wait until the condition gets worse and more expensive. You've got to have it checked.