hello.
I have very strange problem. For the past two weeks I am feeling weakness in left tricep and numbness in my fingers. I am placing this post under heartdiseases, because I am in risk group. I am obese and 48, male. I heard or read that before heart attack, people feel numbness in left hand. Is that true?

Hey there,
I also heard that, but do not know whether this is a myth or what… However, I am glad this made you think about your lifestyle (obesity). You know, it is never too late to start changing things, for example to start loosing weight and start changing diets. I do not know what your usual nutrition is, but I guess you know what is healthy and what is not. Besides nutrition, exercise…but I do not want to go into clichés…
I think it would be very wise to visit cardiologist, just to be sure how the ticky ticker is working.
I sincerely hope you will be fine.

I have the same symptoms F/33 and I am not obese.

help!

F/33 not obese

I have the same symptoms???

I, too have these same symptoms...F/35. What the heck?

I am 30, and feel the same problem!
couple of weeks ago i felt sensation in the muscles of my left arm i then started focusing to take more nutritious food, like fruit and juices. but it is still there,
now sometimes i feel that i cant use power of these fingers( last two fingers of the left hand)

Help please!!
:-(

22/F here. Im not sure if this is what happening to you guys, but ive also experienced numbness of the forearms at times, along with numbness/tingling sensation in the pinky and ring fingers of both hands. I did a little bit of research on it, and i found out that it could possibly be something called cubital tunnel syndrome. Like carpal tunnel but the nerve is affected in a different area or something like that. Do any of you use the computer alot, or anything else that has your arms bent at the elbow for extended periods of time? If so, you might want to look into that.

I researched this too since I am experiencing the same problem. I found this same answer but I read also that it can be caused by sleep positions. I tend to bend my arms in and wrists under at night - this pinches the nerve in your elbow causing the symptoms listed in the posts above. The best way to change that is by adjusting the way you sleep.

I am not 100% sure this is what is causing my pain... but it seems like it could be the cause of some of yours!

left arm pain and pins/needles in thumb and fingers.
had pinched nerve ... wondering if it's residual nerve damage?

You probably have a bulging disc in the c6 or c7 - you may have had it a while but only recently it touched the nerve exiting that area. Usually temporary and curable without surgery. Only sure fire way top tell is an MRI, but symptoms may disappear with stretching, exercise, anti-inflammatory meds, etc.

Hi , I know this reply is late but it might be usefull for someone who reads it in the furture. I also had numbness in the pinky and ring fingers on both hands at different times the last couple of years. First like all say is to get to a doctor. That being said(and which I seldom do). This is what I believe worked for me. I started doing this movement with my hands. Very hard to describe. Keeping all fingers together and bringing them down and then up  and back in a kind of wave move(which I called it). The best way to see is in the movie "Lock Up" from 1989 with Stallone. Him and his charactors wife would both do it at the beginning of the movie as a kind of waving hello thing. After a week the feeling came back and I truly believe it is why.

thanks for your suggestion. i have had numbness/tingling in my little finger and ring finger on my left hand for a couple of weeks. i survived a bad heart attack 3 years ago and now have stints and don't want to re-live that ecperience so i am gonna try your little finger movement idea.

The described symptoms are likely caused by a disk herniation (or just bulging) at levels C6 and C7. See a doctor! Have an MRI!

Hi, if you believe that it can be a disk herniation the you can perform a cervical kemps test which, if reproduce pain can be an indication that it can be a cervical disk herniation. 

***post is edited by moderator ***  web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Charcot Marie Tooth disease (the surnames of the three people that discovered it). It is where the nerve endings do not have the correct insulation around them and are extremely vulnerable to becoming numb, weak and incredibly difficult to use. It is most common to have this problem in the ankles, fingers, hands and feet and is usually caused by sleeping in an awkward position, leaning on elbows and kneeling. This numb sensation can last between 1 week and 3 months and at my worst I have been able to walk without crutches. This is however a very rare disease with only 1 in 600,000 people known to have it. I am unsure if this is what you guys are experiencing but I think it is worth going to see your doctor about it and asking to see a nerve specialist as many people continue with their lives believing it in carpal tunnel syndrome. Their is a website all about Charcot Marie Tooth disease so perhaps you should have a look into it.