Hi. I'm a 30yr old female. About 3 weeks ago I started experiencing numbness and tingling in my left arm and hand centered around my pinky. I brushed it off for a few days thinking I had pinched a nerve and it would go away. The numbness then spread to the entire left side of my body especially my toes, ear and mouth. I was sent to ER, CT and bloodwork came back fine. Told not to drive and see a neurologist for possible MS or other autoimmune disorder. MD ran more bloodwork, which also came back fine. Still have 2 weeks till Neuro appointment. Numbness is now centered again around left arm/hand, have had some weakness, inability to lift or grab things, exhaustion and memory problems as well as shooting pains in left leg.

The strange thing is my boyfriend reported today having some of the same symptoms. Namely, the numbness and tingling in left hand centered around pinky. Could this possibly be some sort of STD??

Even I have the same problem but i don't have any frind

Hey I am a 35 year old male. My wife who is 33 has been experiencing
a numbness like tiggleing feeling on her left side of her body along with a
metalic tast for a month now that last for about 20 seconds. She had all kinds of test that resolved nothing. Two days ago while at work I now experienced numb like, but tiggling in my whole left side followed by being light headed. Now every since I've had pain in my head. I am very concerned we have three children. These must be symtoms of some kind of exposer, because they do not seem to be medical related. Thank you for any information u can offer!

I am going through a similar situation. Except it started in my foot and has progressed all the way up my left side. I am seeing a neurologist. He is doing CT scan but, says it has nothing to do with my brain....if you get any answers please!!! let me know.

I am a 36yo female and am also experiencing this - it started in the second toe of my left foot, then spread to the back of the ankle and one day I woke up and was completely numb down the left side of my body - everywhere, even inside my mouth and my tongue! I went to A&E and they did CT scan, blood tests etc but all were fine. Went to Neurologist, he thinks it may be related to migraine (which I had the day before I woke up numb). Not sure about that. The numbness and tingling is still in some parts of my left side, my left hand around the pinky & ring finger, my left foot and toes and the back of my neck on the left side. The foot numbness was irritating me so I went to an acupuncturist and he said it was something to do with the 'cauda equina' or horsetail - the bottom of the spinal cord. He put about 4 needles in the small of my back and attached them to a electric pulsing machine (like TENS) and after about 1/2 an hour of this treatment, the numbness was not as bad - though still there somewhat this morning I notice... The horsetail explanation might be fine for the leg and foot, but what is causing the upper left side numbness?? I'm at a loss!

I am 25 year old female. This started about a week ago, in my pinky I thought I had maybe slept on my hand wrong, but it has not ceased. It seems to spread slowly through my whole hand as the day progresses, by the time I am ready for bed my hand is very weak and cramping. I have not been to a MD but I am concerned. People keep saying it may be carpal tunnel but I have had no other symptoms. Same with the suggestion that it is a pinched nerve. Would love to hear what anyone finds out.

Hi Im 23 years old. Just 1/2 of my left hand is tingling the half my pinky is on. It is consistant , and I have no idea why. I am macking a Doc Appt tomorrow m so will see what he says.

i am having the same problem. i am feeling numbness in the left hand especially the last 2 fingers (pinky and the reing one)..i also expecrience heart pinch like pain once pr twice a day. i am cluless and i have no idea hpw dangerous or not that is..any idea..i am 29 yrs old female,,relatively healthy

Hi, my left arm's gone 'heavy' from the shoulder down, I have some slight aches in my shoulder too. There's a feeling of tension along the back of my hand, such that it's easier to move my fingers jerkily than gradually, and also tense feeling along the top of my forearm. I was just resting when it started, 2 hours or so ago.

I'm feeling quite fatigued and muzzy headed this evening, these are symptoms that have been recurring for me for over 2 months… I was worried about my thyroid gland at first (family history) but blood tests came back negative, same with glandular fever, and the best the doctors have been able to tell me is that it's probably a run of colds, that one of them knocked me a bit low on immunity so it / other viruses have persisted longer. I have had some cold-type symptoms, whether related to the headaches or separate I don't know.

Along with the headaches I get a feeling of stiffness or tension in my jaw and ears, and sometimes feel flushed in a feverish kind of way which is what made me think of glandular fever. However I also grind my teeth at night, could any of it be related to that?

I'm worried about the arm heaviness…. If anyone has any suggestions they'd be welcome, when I've been to the doctor's before they've tended to ask me what *I'm* worried about regarding my symptoms, so I'd like to have somewhere to start.

Olivia x

I'm 25 years old and I was training for wrestling and I was put into a compromising situation for too long. Now I have had a spot on my spine that is tender located between my shoulder blades. After that incident, I noticed that the left side of my body (arm and leg) has been aching and tingling. My symptoms worsen when I am sitting. I guess the most pain would be on the outer side of my leg and arm located right above the knee and elbow joints. It also is on the under side of my thighs. I've tried drinking more water thinking it was just a muscle cramp but nothing seems to work. I have noticed some numbness in my pinkey. All of my symptoms have been going on for SEVERAL months with the exception of my spine feeling better. When I locate the area on my spine with my finger, I can still feel that it is tender and sort of hurts. Pinched nerve? Slipped disc? Worse?

I dont have health insurance so I guess this is why I'm asking online.

WHATS WRONG WITH ME AHHHHH!

Guest wrote:

I Had similair problems for months.Had total CBC blood check,found out it is due to thyroid problems,Please have your doctor check this it .It could be hypothyroidism!If not that,get an Mri to have yourself checked(Brain and spine)for possible nerve problem there.God Bless you and good luck.

I too have had this numbness and tingling in my left hand near my pinky and my forearm - Not sure what it is. It just started last night and I started searching the internet today. I saw that it may have to do with a heart attack - but I didnt have alot of the other symptoms, no chest pain - but I did have shortness of breathe.

I have been struggling with this for 4 yrs. I have seen a cardiologist and a neurologist who both say I am fine. My neurologist tested for everything" HIV, Lupus, MS, etc. I am missing refelxes in my arms and legs, but I responded to nerve tests. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, and I do think it is heavily stress-related. I have had panic attacks before. My tongue tingles. My whole left side goes numb in my sleep. One time I got out of bed in the night to use the restroom and collapsed because both legs were numb. My arms, hands, and feet go numb and tingle. I have chondritis in my ribcage, and it is also painful and crampy. I have TMJ and grind my teeth in my sleep. I smoke - which is TERRIBLE - do any of you? I am praying to be able to quit. My chest x-rays come back ok but I do get smokers' bronchitis and wheezing often b/c of smoking. I think maybe I don't get enough oxygen which is scary. I also have marked acid reflux. I am about 30 lbs overweight. I speculate I would probably feel a lot better if I exercised, ate right, and quit smoking.

i'm 22 yrs. old. i first started getting tingly in my toes abt a few days ago, now it's progressed into my whole left leg and left arm. it seems to be worse at night and it makes it difficult to sleep. i went to the doctor and he said it may be pinched nerves and should go away in a few days. i'm having some bloodwork done to eliminate all other possibilities. i'm giving it till the end of this week, if it hasn't gone away i will have to get a cat scan. i'm at a loss as to what it could be %-)

I'm 22, female. I've been having the same type of problems with the numbness and weakness in my left arm. I have also been having pain that starts in my left shoulder and slowly moves down my arm to my fingers, then I have numbness in my pinky and ring fingers. I have an undifferentiated autoimmune disorder, but I've never experienced any symptoms like this before so I do not know if these are related to that disorder or not. Has anyone gotten any results?