I am a 28 year old male and have a lump/mass on my left wrist that is barely noticeable, however has caused numbness and tingling in my hand and fingers, usually when sleeping. Over the past few months, it has gotten much worse to the point where I cannot sleep more than a few hours and my hand and fingers are numb and tingly for a majority of the day!! I have unfortunately been laid off and have no insurance, so I have not been to a doctor. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks, Jay

It sounds as though the lump (mass) may be pressing on some nerves causing numbness and tingling. I am wondering if stretching exercise on your left wrist may be helpful. Working out with hand weights may also be helpful. A milk jug filled with water can serve as hand weight.

Thank you for your advice. i had the same thoughts and have switched up my workouts to include more stretching. I work out 7 days a week as it is and have recently introduced yoga into my routines for stretching and, hopefully, better circulation. i have been told it may be a cyst on my wrist that is pushing on nerves and veins. not sure if there are any home remedies to help alleviate this problem.

I have found that the rubber bands are great in stretching these areas, while strength training as well. There are many crossover routines that can be done with the bands and they seem to provide a low impact workout that stretches as you build. You can adjust the intensity or moreso the elasticity of the band to eliminate any strain on your wrist as well.