i have been having numbness and tingling in the two last fingers of my left hand

Numbness in hands can be caused by a number of things, including reduced blood circulation, nerve injury or pressure.  As with any nerve problem, the key to any correction or possible cure is early diagnosis and immediate treatment.  Two things I have seen in this area are elbow, wrist and hand or shoulder injuries from sports.  The most common injury of this sort is among surgeons and meat cutters.  It is called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" where the wrist tendons going through the space in the wrist, the Carpal Tunnel, become inflamed and swell and block circulation and injure the nerves.  It causes the hand to be weak, numb and is often very painful.  The treatment is a surgical procedure done specifically by hand surgeons called "Carpal Tunnel Release".  Other treatments for pressure nerve problems are use of anti-inflammatory agents, usually oral.Sometimes though, numbness can be caused by using that computer keyboard too much or using bad hand and arm posture while typing.  Recovery almost always involves rest of the involved area and some physical therapy.  Hand and toe numbness can also be cause by nerve damage due to diabetes.  It can also be caused by past history of frostbite.  Another cause can be a rare condition known as "Reynaud's Syndrome" from nerve and blood vessel spasms.  In any case, earlt diagnosis, treatment and recovery regimes is the key to fixing it.  I would seek a rapid consult to a good neurologist.  I would not seek treatment from by Family Physician.  But you will need his or her referral to see that Neurologist or Neurosurgeon.  ASAP.