I have pain in my right shoulder that goes down the side of my right arm along with numbness from above my elbow down to my thumb.

I have the same exact thing! I will wake up every morning, with my right arm numb, even though i always sleep on my back, and my arm are just laying on my side, and even when i have my arm on my stomach and my elbows are bended it becomes numb too. Then with my shoulder, it hurts when im sitting or lying down straight.

But i think this is because of what im doing in school , because i am a culinary student, and i do a lot of stirring and heavy lifting, and hours on my feet...so i dont know if this is the reason, cause i never did get numbness before i started school...

I have the exact same thing, pain in my right shoulder, elbow and numbness in my arm, tingling in my right hand, this has just started 3 weeks ago, perfectly healthy. Now my wife has the same symptoms, does anyone know what it could be. It is only on our right side. Thank you.

WOW.... Im having this problem and its scaring me and im only 19 years old what is this?????? :cry:

I am having the exact symptom. It started with the shoulder pain, and then come the numbness and the pain in my elbow. I try to elevate my elbow with strap support to reduce the weight from my shoulder. This tends to help in reducing the pain in the shoulder but does not stop the numbness in my little finger and the fourth finger next to it. I hope it’s nothing serious

Quote:

I AM 47 YEARS OLD AND IN PRETTY GOOD HEALTH,I DO HAVE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE .I WASH CARS FOR A LIVING AND USE MY LEFT ARM AND SHOULDER ALOT.I HAVE NEVER SUFFERED A SHOULDER INJURY BEFORE.LATELY WHENEVER I ACCIDENTLY BANG MY SHOULDER I GET A SEVERE BURNING SENSATION AND IT RADIATES DOWN MY ARM AND I BREAK OUT INTO A COLD SWEAT,AND GET WEAK FOR A FEW MINUTES.WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS?

I have the exact same thing, pain in my right shoulder, Elbow and numbness in my arm, tingling in my right hand, this has just started 3 weeks ago, perfectly healthy. Now my wife has the same symptoms, does anyone know what it could be. It is only on our right side. Thank you.

i am 17 years old fews days ago my right arm from my wrist towards the middle of the arm started to become numb .. i had not met with an accident  prior to this .. now my shoulder is painig... the numbness becomes more and it pain wen i streatch my arm... and i feel its become heavy

I HAD CARPEL TUNNEL SURGERY IN 2011, ORTHOPEDIC DR. SENT ME TO NEUROLOGIST TO SEE IF MY PROBLEM WAS ONLY CONTAINED TO HAND /WRIST BEFORE SURGERY. RESULTS CAME BACK THAT IT WAS JUST IN MY WRIST/HAND AREA, HAD SURGERY EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FINE. NOW I AM EXPERIENCING ANNOYING PAIN IN MY ARM MAINLY IN BETWEEN SHOULDER AND ELBOW. I HAVE TINGLING IN MY HAND TOO WHICH HAD STOPPED SINCE MY HAND SURGERY. AS TIME GOES BY (3 WEEKS) THE PAIN IS COMING FROM MY SHOULDER BLADE AS WELL AS RUNNING UP THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY NECK AND IT MOVES DOWN MY RIGHT ARM . I HAVE ALSO HAD SOME SPORADIC TINGLING IN MY RIGHT JAW BETWEEN MY LIPS AND JAW BONE IT IS A VERY FAINT FEELING. WHEN I SLEEP THE PAIN FROM MY SHOULDER TO ELBOW IS SO UNCOMFORTABLE, IF I LAY ON MY LEFT SIDE AND BRING MY RIGHT ARM OVER IT REALLY HURTS, BUT WHEN I GO BACK ON MY RIGHT SIDE AND PROP UP MY ARM IT EASES. WHAT IS GOING ON ?

Quote:

anonymous wrote:

I have a sister and a friend that had these problems, the problem came from the spinal disk where your neck connects to your head. they both had disk damage and had to have plates put in to correct the problem. this does not mean that is your problem, it can be a pinched nerve. if you have played sports, fallen or been in a wreck in the past it could just now be showing signs of damage.I would go to a orthopedic doctor and tell him your symptoms, he will most likely take do a scan which will pin point your problem. I am going myself because I am having problems just to ease my mind or get it corrected i can't stand dealing with this all of the time. Usually these things do not go away without the help of a Dr.

Wow! I have the same symptoms. A constant dull warmish pain of the right shoulder that gets very bad at times. It comes with numbness af the side of the arm all the way down to the thumb. Last night I woke up with a huge burning pain inside my right upper arm, so bad that I cried out. Pain killers do not help much. Were any of you able to get some sort of diagnosis?

Gerhard - South Africa

Eventually found this on the above website for the Left hand but I guess it can go equally for the right hand:

Compression of the Ulnar Nerve. The ulnar nerve is one of the main nerves that pass through the arm. It passes through the cubital tunnel, running under the medial epicondyle on the inner side of the elbow. A compressed ulnar nerve can certainly cause numbness in hand. Accumulation of fluid in the elbow region could cause swelling which in turn may cause entrapment of this nerve.Repetitive movements wherein the elbow is bent could cause ulnar nerve entrapment. Elbow injuries, development of bone spurs or cysts near the elbow joint could also make one susceptible. Sleeping with the elbow in a bent position could also give rise to numbness. The ulnar nerve carries the sensory fibers and provides sensation to the ring finger and the little finger. A compressed ulnar nerve could therefore cause a tingling sensation in these fingers. If the nerve stays compressed for a long time, the affected individual may find it hard to grip objects. In severe cases, finger coordination is affected.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hello we were discussing the radiating pain from the right shoulder down to the fingertips. My hand feels numb. What sucks is I just got over shoulder surgery on left shoulder. It could be joint pain I will look for relief it keeps me up half the night

Hello , Yes you may have tendenitis

What if you popped your upper back and then this started?

I broke my collar bone on my right side I swear it's from that but X-rays show different. So i dont know why My shoulders doing this. It hurts almost all the time though now. Even when I'm just sitting up right. :-(