I have had this for more than 6 months and is getting worse. Sometimes I can not hold on to things.

Happens at any time, I can be sitting, standing, or lying down.

I am getting this close to 50% of the time now.

I have had no injuries

I take Tylenol or Naproxen for artrhritis doesn't seem to help much anymore. I also take one low dose aspirin each day.

It is getting very painful, gets really bad in the shoulder, goes down into elbow and into hand and fingers. Fingers feel swollen and hurt to bend.

I am a 60 years old. This is on my right side only.

Have you asked your doctor about this? It sounds serious.

Hello! My grandfather suffers from Carpal tunnel syndrome and has symptoms just like yours. Even if it is not a Carpal syndrome, I suppose it must be some kind of pinched nerve in the spine then that is causing all your troubles. Therefore, you need to see a neurologist and have an MRI, or EMG, and other tests depending on what the neurologist suspects.

Here is what I know about the Carpel, so you can compare it to your symptoms and see if the description fits. From what I read in your post, it certainly reminds me of it.

Median nerve is a nerve that spreads from the forearm into the hand. When it becomes pressed or squeezed, it causes negative symptoms. This is called Carpel tunnel syndrome because the nerve runs through the carpal tunnel into the hand and gives sensations to the thumb, index finger, middle finger and half of the ring finger.

Arthritis could have contributed to this disorder because the pressure on the nerve
may arise from any activity that puts repetitive pressure on the nerve. If you spent a lot of years typing, experienced wrist fracture that hasn’t healed properly, etc.
This disorder usually appears after the age of 50 and could affect one or both hands. The symptoms become worse at night.
Besides the tingling and the numbness in the fingers, a person’s fingers may become swollen and the pain can go up all the way until the elbow.

Carpal tunnel syndrome should be treated because it can get worse, your hand can become weak to the point where you won’t be able to hold a pencil.

You may be given certain medications to relieve the symptoms, the pain and the swelling, or you may have to do certain exercises. You will get more info from your doctor once they determine what your problem is.

hi i am 30 years old and i have just started with pains in my shoulder moveing down my arn an giveing a tingling in my fingers i have also got a pain behind my right breast can you give me some advice please.

Look up Thoracic Outlet Disorder. Sounds like this is a possible answer.

I am 18 yrs. old and I just recently started to get pain in my upper arm down to my hand and fingers. My thumb is the only finger that feels numb. I can only lift my arm so high and after that point it hurts alot. This happened when I was in building construction. I wasn't lifting anything heavy. I'm thinking I maybe hyper extended my arm. Any clues? What should I do?

_[removed]_ wrote:

hi i just turned 29 and have the same problem. Just about a month ago i had a physical completed to include nearly every test i could thing of. ECG, Hematology, Bloodwork(sugar, cholesterol, HDL/LDL, Triglycerides, Creatinine, ALT, GGT), Serology (RPR/VDRL, HIV, HBV, HCV), Chest X-ray, Pulmonary Function test, and TB. I spoke to the Dr and he told me that everything checks out fine, he did discover that I have a slight heart murmur but it is not serious. He suggested for me to see a neurologists for further examination. So when I arrive back to the states I will try and make an appointment.

The best advice I can give you is to follow-up with your Doctor.

hello,
i have pain in my left shoulder and left hand which comes and go, some days are worst than others. i find relief to my pain by going to my chiropractor, he has to adjust my neck and my back every so often, if i don't get adjusted for a long time pain comes back. i asked him what could have caused my spine to be uneven and he said bad posture or past injury or childbirth could do it and since i'm a mom and i usually slouch it made sense. i now practice pilates to strenghten my back and abs to support my body. please find a good chiropractor i saved my self from unnecessary surgery after seeing a chiropractor who x-rayed my spine and neck and showed how my spine and neck are slightly crooked resulting to pinching some of the nerves around the most affected area and creating pain. after he adjust me i'm pain free.

This sounds like Hand and Arm Vibration Syndrome. It manifests from using or holding items over an unspecified amount of time, ie: power tools, vibrating steering wheels, or small hand held tools, that create a vibration, even slightly, that causes the nerve endings in your hand, arm, shoulder, neck or lower back to become "confused" - sending the wrong information to your brain.

Sounds strange to 99% of the peopple you tell your story to but to those of us that share your pain and symptoms, we can truly relate.

Do a google search on this and you will find a lot of articles on this and other Occupational Heath & Safety issues / websites. If you believe this may be work related but don't know how to prove it, contact your local Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) and ask them for a referral for an attorney or occupational doctor or therapist.

This is a serious nerve syndrome that can be helped with the aid of a chiropractor or good massage therapist. Degenerative discs are also a major cause of the numbness as well as something as simple as a pinched nerve in your neck.

Most neurologists will run a ton of tests and tell you there's nothing wrong but don't give up - see a reputable chiropractor for more indepth x-rays and a full explanation of your prognosis.

Good luck!

I am a 23 years old female and within the last 6 months I have had a pain in my right arm that comes and goes but it starts at my shoulder and all the way to my fingers. My right arm, has a sharp pain and it feels numb and tingles. When it goes my arm feels fine but when it is here it will last for days and I take medicine and nothing helps. can anyone help me and give me any ideas as to what it could be!

i am 32 yr old female and have the same issue for over 2 years now...the pain gets sooo bad i swear my joints are going to explode and it takes up to 20 minutes to have some feeling come back. I have been prescribed muscle relaxers, valium, steroids, anti inflamitories and even physical therapy with no help at all...but now worse...my left fingers are going numb at times too. I have not had any injuries and 3 different jobs so its not a repedative issue. my docs say there is NOTHING that can be done? no surgery or anything so im stuck with severe pain daily not just nightly..i can't chop vegies, play video games or other simple tasks without it returning...stuck with it and no one knows what it is and i see it all over the net?

this pain is on my left side but sometimes it's on both sides

I have the same symptoms.  Have you learned anything more about what the problem is?

Thanks, mike

i have pain going down right aram