Hi, my mother and father are both overweight, and so am I. I don’t eat that much! I guess my genes convicted me on obesity before I was even born. I’m genetically determined, and I can’t change that, but I don’t want to be environmentally determined, because I think it’s up to me. What can I do to live healthier?

Hi, I saw many cases like yours. Yes, you had 80% risk of becoming obese yourself because of genetics. However, before you start looking for the environmental causes on the other places, take a look into your own house. What does your fridge contain? How much exercise you and your parents do? You have to isolate yourself from the habits that you’re used to, and turn a new page of your daily activities. You can’t change your genetics, but maybe you won’t have to. Do a lot of exercises, drink plenty of water, eat cooked vegetable, fresh fruit, and food rich in fiver. That is how you can fight environmental determination of obesity.

Yes, it could be genetic but soon more and more obese people could blame it on their parents when it could be down to their lifestyle. It could be used as an excuse which soon could lead to stuff like diabetes due to your bad lifestyle.