My daughter is 13 years old and she complains all the time she is obese. I do not think that should be a problem if she is a little bit overweight. Anyway, she told me about some Shapedown Pediatric Obesity program. I have no idea what is that, but it seems she is interested a lot. Can you tell me something about this, how safe it is and should I think about that.

Clients of Shapedown Pediatric Obesity program are children and adolescents ages six to 20 years. The program was developed and written by a masters-level registered dietitian. It is performed with input from health professionals in the fields of dietetics and nutrition, medicine, mental health, exercise, and education. Shapedown Pediatric Obesity program delivery team consists of registered dietitians and licensed mental health professionals. Team contains professionals such as psychologist, family therapist, social worker, and psychiatrist. All staff must complete a minimum 46 hours of training in pediatric obesity, which is important for success. I am not sure your daughter understood that program aims to train those who are already certified or licensed professionals. Periodic tune-up training is available at annual workshops and meetings, where weight loss of one pound per week is expected. Maximum allowed weight loss is two pounds per week, and Shapedown Pediatric Obesity program lasts 10 weeks.