Good day everyone. For my whole life I was obese. I remember that kids in the school were making a fun of me but I was always obese. I am still obese. Also, there is one more problem with me. I am a passionate smoker. I just can't imagine my day without having a smoke, or without drinking a coffee. But I was reading that this all can affect my heart health. Can you tell me am I at risk of getting bradycardia or some other heart issue if I am obese and a smoker? What can I do about this? Thank you! 

Hi there.

That can be a big problem and you should be aware of it. I am not saying that cigarettes and obesity are the main factor for getting bradycardia but sure that it won't help you to get rid of it. So, here is what I want to suggest you if you want to listen to me - stop smoking, Try to lose your weight for your own good. Try to exercise, you don't have to exercise a lot, but slow walks are just fine. Also, try some good diet program that is good for your heart. Try it.

Hey there. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. I don't know how. I have tried to leave cigarettes but my job is really stressful and without them and coffee I think that I don't know how I would act. I am trying to have some diet program and I hope that this will help me lose my weight as well. I will try again to leave the cigarettes .

I want to know how can I treat this condition if I am having it? Is there any way to heal it without having some side - effects? Thank you for everything.

Hey there.

I am not sure is there any connections between it but I am very sure that my friend from high - school told me a few months ago that smoking cigarettes was the main reason why she got bardycardia in the first place. I don't know how did she found out this, but I trust her. I hate cigarettes and I believe that they can be the main cause for so many other and different heart problems. I know that it is hard, I believe but you should find the best possible way how to stop smoking cigarettes. 

Of course, you need to lose weight as well because obesity is related with so many heart problems. 

Yes, that is true. If you are obese and/ or a smoker, you are having bigger chances to get bradycardia. And if someone tells you something differently, that is false. Obesity is widely recognized as a health risk for every population, it doesn’t matter how old they are, are they male or female...It is the same for everyone. The negative effects of obesity and other known health risks, such as smoking, heavy drinking, and poverty lead to heart problems so you need to stop eating unhealthy food and you need to stop smoking if you want to have normal, healthy life without any problems.

Hello. Smoking and obesity are definitely the leading causes of the death of the people with some disabilities and especially in heart diseases. Many of these diseases are connected with smoking, very poor diet program, unhealthy lifestyle and unhealthy way of living or lack of physical activities. So, you really can get bradycardia in this case. I would like to tell you everything what others already told you – you need to stop smoking and you need to focus on some good diet program. You can get bradycardia and so many other diseases. You need to made some lifestyle changes if you want to remain healthy.