Hello, guys. My friend has been having some troubles with his kid. In fact, her kid has been diagnosed with autistic syndrome. She has been obsessively repeating words. I wonder if this is common for such a condition. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thanks.

Hi, there. Miscommunication is something that can be expected in autistic syndrome. This can manifest in various ways. One of the manifestations can be obsessive repeating of words. This is also known as echolalia. Some other forms are also possible. Those would be: babbling, diminished responsiveness, unusual gestures, etc. Your friend should consult a psychiatrist for more details. I hope this will help. Bye!

Hello there,

First of all, I am so sorry that your friend will have to deal with this very demanding condition. I hope that she is very strong and brave because she will need all the strength to fight against symptoms of autism and obsessive repetition of words is just one of them.

This condition is usually developed in early childhood. Autism usually affects a child's ability to communicate and interact with others and your friend is already experiencing this.

If your friend has contacted her child’s psychiatrist than she is probably aware that there is no cure for autism but intensive and early treatment can make a big difference in live of her son so she should start as soon as possible.