Hi, folks. My nephew is suspected to have autistic syndrome. There is couple of tests to be done, but the doctors are pretty sure. I would like to know if these patients can take of themselves later. What do you know about this? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thanks.

Hi, there. Autistic syndrome is very tough for treating. These patients have lack of emotions. They do not communicate with the surroundings properly. You can say that they are not adapted well to the environment. That is why I would say that they cannot take care of themselves. You should consult with a psychiatrist about all the issues you are worried about. He will give you the details. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hardly true. It depends on the % of autism (from 1 to 100) Patients with gentle autism hardly need help, and can do a lot themselves.

You should find out together with your nephew what areas he needs help with, and which he doesn't