I’m a medical student. Today on our regular neurology seminar, we talked about Migranes.
Professor, who was expert in Migranes issue, a couple of time used term ocular Migranes.
I have never heard about this term. I know mechanism of developing “normal” Migranes but ocular…no!
Professor surely thinks that we all know everything about this condition and because of that, I’m a bit shame to ask him anything about this. So, I was wondering could anybody help me with my problem? I would be more than grateful.

I think I can help you because my mother suffers from ocular Migrane for over than ten years.
An ocular Migrane is a problem that is a type of a classical Migrane. It is believed that it’s caused by the same mechanism as classical Migrane- vascular dilatation or spasm.
Instead of the spasm affecting the surface of the brain, these Migranes affect the ocular blood supply or the vision center in the brain causing very different problems.
Such problems are for example visual disturbances in which visual images look gray or have a wavy and not so clear appearance.
They, in most cases, occur in only one eye.
Typical episode lasts about 15-20 minutes and than they are reducing on level. In most cases there is no complications caused by ocular Migrane so you don’t have to worry. They usually disappear by them self without any special treatment.