Hello. I was wondering does anybody know any more information about migraines. Recently I started to have terrible headaches.
These headaches are becoming very severe and I think that it is develop to some type of migraine.
I’m 45 year old men and I'm smoking over than 25 years. Can this contribute my headaches?
I took some usual pain killers like Nortriptilyne but nothing helped. I feel strong pain in the temporal sides of my head.
Sometimes, pain is pulsating.
Please tell me is there any effective cure for my migraines? What is causing them?

I can tell you only that migraine issue is still enigma for neurologists. Sometimes, person who has every chance to get migraine never gets them and someone with perfect healthy ends up with them.
There are several causes of migraines.
First of all and most severe cause is dilatation of blood vessels.
You said that you sometimes feel pulsating pain-well that speaks a lot because it is probably caused by pulsating of temporal brain artery. It is a very big artery and it is very common cause of headaches.
You can do a small test to determine am I right- press your fingers on both temples, or have someone press on your temples.
After couple of minutes, release the pressure on your temples.
If you feel better with pressure against your temples and worse when the pressure is removed, your current headache is probably caused by temporal artery dilatation. You need to buy some medications with vasoconstrictor effect and try with them for a while. Also, you need to quit smoking immediately because it can make your symptoms only worse.

this has been very helpful to me thank you so much...I to have pulsing presure like you decribe

I can tell you from experience, especially from someone who smoke many cigars and 2 packs of cigarettes a day, that smoking will cause headaches sometimes server over the temples, eyes, and lower neck regions. This is caused by the buildup of the harmful toxins in cigarettes. Your body normally can handle it but when compounded with stress, anxiety, bad sleep or sleeping wrong on the neck or head, it loses its ability to do so. Migraines are an enigma but what is not is how they come. Migraines are not a random occurring phenomenon. They usually have been with people there whole life and intensify as a person ages. It is not common for a person to just "poof" start getting migraines unless there has been some mental or physical trauma. What you are experiencing is life taking a hard toll on you. I would reduce the amount of noise, light, and tasks that you have to perform a day and see if you notice a difference. Also, eye conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts can lead to migraines as well.

just wondering if anyone has had presure in the right temple. i went to dr and they said it was sinuses and gave me antabiotics but it does not seem to be helping also my eye feels a bit strange on that side and im light headed most of the time