New Member
Users comments and reviews on article Ocular Migraine: Eye Migraines or Ophthalmic Migraine by Debbie Strange

Can Somebody Please Tell Me How Do I Get Rid Of Ophthalmic Migraine... I Am 21 Years And I Have Been Suffering With This For About 3-4 Years Now.. Is This Harmful, What Do I Have To Do?? Please Contact Me On 084 210 3993

It's wonderful to see you writing about Migraine disease and forms of Migraine. However, you might want to take a look at the International Headache Society's International Classification of Headache Disorders, 2nd Edition (ICHD-II). This is the gold standard for diagnosing and classifying Migraine and other headache disorders.

Under ICHD-II, Ocular, Eye, and Opthalmic Migraine are not diagnoses. The problem with these terms is that different people use them different ways, making it quite confusing.

These are the recognized forms of Migraine:
1.1 Migraine without aura
1.2 Migraine with aura
1.2.1 Typical aura with migraine headache
1.2.2 Typical aura with non-migraine headache
1.2.3 Typical aura without headache
1.2.4 Familial hemiplegic migraine (FHM)
1.2.5 Sporadic hemiplegic migraine
1.2.6 Basilar-type migraine
1.3 Childhood periodic syndromes that are commonly precursors of migraine
1.3.1 Cyclical vomiting
1.3.2 Abdominal migraine
1.3.3 Benign paroxysmal vertigo of childhood
1.4 Retinal migraine
1.5 Complications of migraine
1.5.1 Chronic migraine
1.5.2 Status migrainosus
1.5.3 Persistent aura without infarction
1.5.4 Migrainous infarction
1.5.5 Migraine-triggered seizures
1.6 Probable migraine
1.6.1 Probable migraine without aura
1.6.2 Probable migraine with aura
1.6.5 Probable chronic migraine

Thank you.

Is there any connection between fibromyalgia and Ocular migraines? I have had fibro for 8 years. The ocular disturbance doesn't last long, at most 5-10 minutes but I am left feeling a little unsettled and pretty weak for a few hours. I have talked to an eye doctor about them and he confirms that that is what they are but he didn't seem too interested in it being a connection to fibro. I never had them before I got fibro. Do you know?

I started getting ocular migraines more often after I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
One thing I found truly amazing...I never realized what these were until my last eye exam when they eye doctor explained what was going on. One thing that helped (you will think I'm crazy as did the eye doctor when I told her this) during the eye exam they put anesetic drops in my eyes to exam them. It, thus far, has helped my "ocular" migraines! and that was over a year ago.
Maybe a coincidence but if they start in full force again like I was having I will definitely go to the eye doctor and ask for the drops again!