I had a sever head trauma several weeks ago due to car accident. It seems that as a result of that, my lenses have been damaged and its position changed. Inter ocular pressure has changed and glaucoma has emerged. I know that usually old people suffer from that condition. Is it possible that glaucoma was caused by trauma?

Increase of inter ocular pressure caused by some disease or trauma is called secondary glaucoma. Changes of volume and the position of lenses lead to occurrence of that pressure and that lead to glaucoma. So, post traumatic glaucoma is not uncommon at all and its severity depends on the trauma itself, how serious it is, how much damage it did to the eye etc.

Please could you explain further how trauma can damage the eye drainage tissue, which I understand is what happens to cause the pressure build-up. Or does secondary glaucoma work differently? Is treatment for secondary the same?

My situation - road accident 15m ago, big impact but no external head injury, glaucoma diagnosed in one eye 2m ago, no family history of G, age 64. Thankyou.

My wife has also been in a car accident, over 2 years ago, and recently was diagnosed with narrow angles and a pressure problem,
she had no history of eye pressure problems prior to the accident, is there medical information available to show that this
secondary glaucoma is or can be caused by trauma from the accident?

we have found out the iridotimi in both eyes were do at 3 -9 and made one and a half to two times bigger than they should be. now i need special contact lenses. pressure only came on after car accident rear ended approx 50 to 60kmh

can you email me please about glaucoma?

Yes. I'm in an early stage of glaucoma because of a car accident. 

I was in a car accident involving a drunk driver who hit an oil rig. The oil rig was carrying pipes. These pipes fell on the highway and I hit them. Three days later, I went to work and was charting and could see a dark spot on the left upper part of my eye. My coworkers witnessed the fact that I was having difficulty charting. I never had this problem before my accident.

I had a head injury 2 yrs ago, still suffing symptoms and visual problems. Was diagnosed with convergence insufficiency and now , glaucoma suspect as the optic nerve is damamged . However the neuroopthalmologist doesnt think the damage to the optic nerve is related ...the timimg seems awlfully coincidental...I also have no family history for glaucoma whatsoever.