my son is 28 in good health and normal blood pressure. once or so a week he has a twitching feeling in his left eyeball also at this time he sees in the cornor of that eye wavy squiggly lines in his vision.

It's stress. He needs to see a psychologist.

it sounds to me like a migraine headache. i have them and i see lines and other vision problems. mine are usually caused by stress. he should see a doctor to make sure it's not something more serious.

Wavy lines or distortion in vision can be the precursors to a retina detachment. If he is also experiencing flashes or floaters in his vision, or if he experiences a cloud over his vision, seek medical attention IMMEDIATELY.

ive, had flashes in my eye's its scary because when it happens to me i think that iam dead or sumthing but ive had it for a while but i think its stress!!

I see the wavy lines too. I've always seen them. Especially when I look at a very blue sky. It seems like something supernatural. They are not so much wavy lines as they are a constantly collapsing honeycomb shape. Kinda like being under water and seeing the light refracting through tiny waves. I'm amazed that I found someone else that has this.

hey ppl,

I would like to suggest about this things such like floaters or wavy lines u see in your vision field. I see them too they come and go and especially I see them when I try to notice them . They can be related to some medication. If youre under stress/anxiety /depression its easy to encounter these strange things.

Iwas very afraid because of them before and I thought that im starting to see hallucinations but I checked with my doctor about them and he told me they can be affect from my anxiety/depression or side effects from the meds.

I hope my suggestion can be helpful and a peace of mind for all of u, because really sometimes u think ure going deep down the road to craziness..

But I wish u all the Best health possible through your life and God Bless you!!

N.B If you are under stress or pressure try and drink ginkyo herbal tea before bedtime. It really helps for a good night rest and for your anxiety maybe...

Best regards

Gil from Malta

Do an internet search on occular (eye) migraines. The info there might help you...it did me.

Finally! I've done all sorts of Google searches to find someone else who has this exact same issue. Blue skies and white walls are where I see it the most, especially if I close one eye.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one

Yup, I see the "underwater" effect when looking at the sky as well. So does my sister. I think it's more common than we think it is. I would like to find out exactly what this is caused by though.

I have these, went to see an eye specialist and she said it is because my eyes are very sensitive but not at all an issue. She said people with blue eyes...like me get it more. what colour are other peoples eyes, would be interesting if this is true. 8-|

How about going to see an Optometrist? In diagnosis, there is nothing worse than going to the internet. This is why people dedicate their lives to a special field(s). I think that all the years of schooling and working in the field says something. Internet diagnosing is all hearsay and, "in my own experience." advice. I just don't understand why people turn to the web, see something and then freak out cuz they think they have something wrong with them when it could be actually nothing. Go see someone who actually knows what they are doing and talking about. Either that or take your eyes out with a spoon one by one and see if the wavy lines go away. If the lines go away when taking your left eye out, then bingo! There is your problem. Same thing applies if you take out your right eye. If the wavy lines stay with both eyes taken out, then I suggest you replace your eyes under warranty. 8-|

i have also always seen these things. it seems like any large solid color, enough to mess with your depth perception, really helps to see them. for me they always seem to be black and white at the same time. if that makes sense. or black leaving white trails or vice versa. i haven't noticed any honeycomb effect, and it doesn't look like water to me, but that might just be a matter of opinion. i have noticed, if you really concentrate on one spot in your vision where a squiggle just was (it can be difficult not to just focus on whatever is in front of you) the squiggle will come back. i mean it will go and loop along the exact same path leaving the same trail. unendingly as far as i can tell. all of them...

my best guess is maybe there are blood vessels just barely being seen or an effect of the blood vessels being picked up by the eyesight. it could be only a few blood cells at a time and we are seeing "shadow" of them.

either that or its The Force! yeah! mytocloriwhatsits!

microscopic eyeball zambonis? that one makes me happy. that is now my reality.

i notice no one seems to have picked up on the fact that the post states this guys eye ball twitches. Forget migraine and such this could be superior oblique myokymia. It is a very rare and difficult neurological problem that often Neurologists don't even pick up - most have only read about it and never actually seen it. I have this and it can become so bad you can't even walk in a straight line as your vision becomes distorted and eventually you get double vision. It's not life threatening or anything but damn it's frustrating and sick making. I suggest you get checked out for this by someone who knows about it but sadly if they don't see it when it's actually happening they probably wont be able to diagnose you with it. It can go into remission for quite long periods of time but for me my remissions seem to be shorter and the flare ups getting longer. Anti seizure drugs and surgery seem to help some people if you get bad enough to warrant such drastic steps.
It might be that you just feel your eye twitching but if it is actually your eyeball moving then this is serious. Usually its the eye lid not the eyeball - not to worry but if the eye ball itself is moving then you need to investigate because if it is not superior oblique myokymia then its' something very nasty that needs urgent attention! I urge to to look further into this if the eyeball is actually moving/twitching please!

I see the squiggles too. Am having them now and have noticed them when I am stressed, looking at computer screen too much, or when my blood sugar is low. So happy to hear others have them too. Thank God for google. I visited the opthomologist last week, and thankfully my eyes are healthy. Started to think "brain tumor" which is just my anxiety kicking in. However, if I/you ever see flashes, or double these need immediate attention. An eye twitch and be nerves also.