I have never had problem with headaches especially not with migraine, thanks god. Anyway, I have a friend who complains all the time about migraine. She visited doctor and really, she seems to be bad, while he prescribed her some strong drugs. She told me doctor told her that is ocular migraine. Can you tell me something about this, because I had no idea something like that exists.

Ocular migraine is a term that may have different meanings to different doctors. Many times migraine will have just the visual warning signs. This might occur as or aura of the migraine attack without the headache. This occurs more frequently as one gets older and can be a frightening phenomenon because of his or her experience. This is also referred to as acephalgic migraine, or migraine aura that happens without headache. Some physicians refer to ocular migraine as retinal migraine. There are repeated attacks of one-sided blind spots or blindness. To refer to ocular migraine it need to be lasting less than an hour and associated with a headache. It is important to rule out eye disease or a disorder of the blood vessels leading to the eye as possible causes of ocular migraine.