hi im a 23 yr old female..i have been smoking marijuana on a daily basis( -6 months that i quit) for 9 years!!! i also smoke ciggarettes..about 5-15 a day depending on how i feel..i have been suffering from migranes for a little over 3 yrs now.and in the past 6-8 weeks they have gotten alot worse! i get a migranes on average 5-7 times a week!!! they are starting to drive me nuts! i take maxalt for now..im going to tell my dr to change it b/c im taking to much of it. does anyone know if maybe im getting these constant headaches b/c of my constant use of weed? i notice that sometimes when i smoke my head starts to hurt..can i get brain damage from smoking so long? and so much???? i would appreciate any reply!thank you!!

Hi, it is very hard to say anything about the marijuana’s influence on your migraines because marijuana is said to possibly cause migraines, you may suffer from migraines from marijuana withdrawals (which should have gone in your case by now since it’s been 6 months) and some people even say that migraines could be helped by marijuana smoking.

If the plant has been sprayed with some chemicals for better growth, it could likely cause a migraine but I am honestly not so sure if marijuana can be blamed for your long-termed migraines.

Migraines are thought to be caused by changes in the trigeminal nerve system and by problems with brain chemicals imbalance. Serotonin (one of the chemicals in the brain that makes us happy) levels are decreased when a person experiences a headache. Marijuana, unlike other (chemical) drugs doesn’t influence serotonin levels.

Migraines and headaches can be triggered by hormonal changes, foods, stress, environmental changes, certain drugs’ use, etc

I'm 24, started the first time when I was 14, but have been a regular smoker, like every day with the exception of maybe 20 days in the last 4 years, and when I quit for say 7 out of those 20 days, the only thing I had was I didn't eat as much, and it longer to fall asleep. I was an insomniac before I ever smoked pot, and it helps me fall asleep, its not like, oh I quit pot, I will never sleep, I couldn't sleep in preschool, but after you quit after smoking a lot over 30 years, its out of your system relatively fast, and it doesn't really matter how much you smoke, 2-4 weeks, done, and if you work out, drink water, even quicker. It doesn't mess with any chemicals in your mind, even though people who rely on it for medical purposes, such as insomnia, or stomache pain, which pot I think is the answer to any stomache pains compared to Pepto-whatever, or any other company that invests billions into advertising selling you things you don't need. Pot is only illegal because it would put the real drug pushers out of business. Not only is it the most profitable, some drugs, make you like a zombie, I know many people who were given some drugs, there was this one drug, Remeron, something, it really screwed with me, I was hearing stuff, I was groggy all day, 10 hours of sleep wasn't enough, and our government wants us to be as dumb as possible.

You may think weed helps your stomach problems, but it is actually probably the cause. My stomach would become so nauseated, to the point of me vomiting, when I'd be sober. The I'd smoke some weed to make it better. My stomach issues bothered me so much that I went to the doctor, and he found absolutely nothing wrong me. After that, I decided to quit smoking weed to see if that was the problem, and gee what a surprise my stomach continues to feel better and better with each day that I've stopped.

TRIED EVERYTHING!........ ADVIL,ADVIL MIGRANE, IMITREX, IBUEPROFINE......RED BULL SAID A DOCTOR BECAUSE OF THE CAFFEEINE WHEN IT COMES ON DRINK ONE?.....THEN WAS PRESCRIBED VAILUM NOTHING!.. DID NOT TOUCH THE PAIN! MADE ME TALK TO MUCH AND SHLURE... THE PERCOCETE NOTHING MADE ME THROW UP AND INTOXICATE ME...../.???? NOTHING TOUCHED THE PAIN!!!!!THEN PRESCRIBED ME BUTALBITAL/APAC/CAFFEINE TABS 15 MINUTES THE PAIN WAS GONE IN MY CASE IT ONLY LASTED ABOUT 2 HOURS MAYBE 3 THEN FELT SOME COMMING ON AND THEN HAD TO TAKE MORE....COULD BE DIFFERENT FOR OTHERS... USED TO SMOKE POT A FOR A FEW YEARS EVERYDAY THEN STOPPED GIVE OR TAKE THEN QUIT! ALONG WITH THAT SMOKING SMOKING CIGARRETES ALSO WHICH WAS 10X HARDER TO QUIT THAN POT......... THEN STOPED FOR A WHILE 3-4 YEARS............. I SMOKED SOME REALLY GOOD POT THE OTHER DAY AND IT HELPED ME ABOUT THE SAME AS THE PRESCRIBED CAFFEEIN TABS BUT LASTED A COUPLE OF HOURS LONGER. DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU........ SMOKING POT AFFECTS PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT WAYS... I SAY IF THE MIGRANE CONTINUE AND NOTHING WORKS THEN YOU SHOULD TRY IT WORSE CASE IT DOES NOTHING. YOU ONLY GET HIGH AND GO TO BED.... MY MIGRAINES HAVE BEEN FOR 2 WEEKS JUST GOT SOMETHING TO WORK SOMEWHAT!.. FREQUENT STRONGS WAVES BUT PAIN IS ALWAYS THERE EVERYDAY NOW FOR 2 WEEKS I CAN ALWAYS FEEL IT SCANS AND MRI NEGATIVE!!! COULD NOT LIVE WITH THE PAIN FOREVER... HAD MRI.. CAT SCAN.. AND 3 VISITS TO CHIROPRACTOR! 225$ NOTHING WORKED BUT THE POT AND THE BUTALBITAL/APAC/CAFFEINE TABS WHICH WERE PRESCRIBED TO ME APPROX 25$ FOR 30 HELPED FOR ME NEED LIKE 10 A DAY FOR THE PILLS .....PROBLEM FOR ME IS POTS ILLEGLE AND HAVE FAMILY.. IF BOTH WORK WOULD RATHER SMOKE POT SOMETIMES TAKE PILLS.... MIGRAINES SUCK ....AND I DONT THINK IT'S POSSIBLE TO GET BRAIN DAMMAGE FROM POT???? YOU CAN'T ABUSE IT JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE OR USE IT FOR WHAT YOU NEED IT FOR .

You bought shitty weed fool!

I suppose you killed enough brain cells that you wouldn't think the cigarettes might actually be causing you problems? Although weed isn't exactly good/healthy for you, its' the lesser of two evils against other tabacco products. Do some research and quit smoking the cigs, it's not attractive when chicks smoke anyway. So that should be an instant out for you in the first place.

smoking weed gives me migraines as well. it's because of the lack of oxygen to your brain from the dense smoke of the marijuana. same reason some people pass out from smoking pot. i'd advise to quit smoking while you are having migraines or clusters of migraines. while it can help with the nausea associated with migraines, weed can actually trigger migraines and make the ones you're already having worse. i'm a daily migraine sufferer and a daily pot smoker who has had to all but quit because of my migraines.

smoking pot on a regular basis surrounds your brain cells in fat, which doesn't kill or damage them, but renders them useless. it's why it's called "dope". chronic use makes you a "dope"...slows down your cognitive processing and abilities, and in essence, lowers your intelligence. this isn't opinion, it's fact and you can look it up and educate yourself. i'm not saying don't smoke pot...i do. i'm just saying know the effects of what you're doing.

this is wrong. I know several people who have used pot regularly for many years and they are definitely not dopes! They are upstanding citizens with good paying job.

Oh well we all better stop doing things that are unattractive to men then. Actual idiotic reply. Arrogant, sexist and useless reply. I bet he won't even see an issue with it, which is really quite sad.