Since an auto accident I have sharp shooting pain just above my left ear and pain in both ears that comes and goes. The pain is excruciating. I have had CT; MRI and X-rays of the head, neck, etc. I have been to an ear specialist as well as an audiologist who are amazed that my ears inside and out look so good for someone of the age of 55; my hearing is exceptional for my age. I have been deaf in left ear since 3. I had some small amount of blood in my right ear the morning after the accident; both air bags deployed and I believe the airbag caused these problems. Most think I am nuts. Three docs have checked my ears, brain, etc. I also lose my balance on occasion, but it is less frequent as the time passes from the accident. Anyone have pain like this with no know reason?

You may have undiagnosed temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder as a result of whiplash from the accident. Ear pain and dizziness are two of the classical symptoms of TMJ disorder. According to Judith Shannon Lynch, assistant clinical professor at Yale School of Nursing, "misalignment of temporomandibular joint can affect ear structure due to pressure on the petrotympanic fissure and tympanic bone that separates the jaw joint from the external auditory canal". I suggest visiting a massage therapist who has special training in TMJ disorder. Chiropractic adjustment may also be helpful.