First off, I did search many posts and have some ideas on this issue but no certainty. I have been dating my gf for 9 months and I really love her but this issue definitely is putting a constraint on our relationship. Early in our relationship, we were having intercourse 5+ times a week. I knew this was early and figured it would decline after the "honeymoon" stage, but now we are only having sex 2-3 times a month. I have a high sex drive so this is definitely frustrating me....

She says that during sex she is experiencing pain, describing it as a burning feeling, at times. It has been going on for about 3-4 months now and she does not feel comfortable going to an OB/GYN. She complains that sometimes her vagina is sore randomly. It is even painful for her when I perform oral sex on her. This is something she really enjoyed early in our relationship. It is to the point now that she says she doesnt NEED sex. I feel like an inconsiderate @$$hole, but I really do need sex, because it is more than just sex, it is the ultimate intimacy to me.

Another issue was about 2 months ago, we tried a lubricant as I thought that might help and even used a condom ( she is on Nuvaring so we typically dont) and during intercourse we noticed some chunky, bloody discharge on the condom (it was ribbed). I read somewhere that it could have been a deterioration of her vaginal membrane, but I am just speculating. I am starting to think that the Nuvaring could be the source of her issues both physically and mentally (limited sex drive). I dont know though because she has been on it for quite some time now. I know she did try other BC methods with horrid side affects.

I really love this girl but miss the old days.... What can I do?

This is happening to me as well. I'm a girl and me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year now and having sex for 8 months. A couple of weeks ago i experienced symptoms of a yeast infection which i've had before so bought some over the counter drugs (diflucan one). But now whenever I have sex, it really really hurts upon penetration. We've still been having sex, just slowly... but it really burns and stings afterwards. Particularly afterwards if I wee, the area feels like it is burning.
I'm going to see my doctor very soon but i'm really scared. I read some things on this site about things called vulvodynia which sounds awful! I just hope its nothing too bad. My boyfriend is really understanding and stuff but I still feel bad not being able to satisfy him properly.. We used to have sex really often and have very high sex drives. Could anyone tell me and samiam what is going on?!

Supa, I also came across vulvodynia and am hoping it is not that bad. If you do go to the doctor, could you please share your diagnosis if you are comfortable doing so. I really want to find out what the problem is and get back on track!

went to the doctor's this afternoon.
she didn't tell me that much. but she did an exam and said there didn't seem to be any external problems. i told her it hurt really bad after. she told me to merely make sure i was ready and go slow and use lube to make things easier.. but she said if that didn't work and i was still having problems then i should come back and she'll do an internal exam. making an appointment in the morning. really really want to get this sorted out!!!
my boyfriend is being really good about it but we had our one year the other day and we couldn't even make love :-(
*sigh*
i'll get back to you..

went again this afternoon...
had an internal exam... she said everything looked normal.. did a few swabs to test for any infections.. get the results on monday.
she said it could be pyschological... apparently when you're worried or stressed it can cause vaginal spasms. so if thats the case its just something that i have to deal with...
that sounds like it could be true. i have been really stressed lately and i was really worried about the yeast infection thing...
i'm not sure though.. the pain afterwards feels like it might be something different. your girlfriend should definitely go get it checked out though