Hello. I'm 21 year old female and I'm sexually active over then 2 years know. I don’t have any complaints on sex but on almost constant bleeding during and after sexual intercourse.
I have changed 3 sexual partners in these two years but the problem persisted all the time.
I know that woman often bleeds when she’s being penetrated for the first time, but I have never heard that it could last for two or more years. Even my boyfriend is a bit frightened about all this.
There is no pain and I have never had sex without a condom. Everything is normal! Why is this happening to me?!

Hello. I have recognized all the symptoms you’ve mentioned because I had the same problem few years back.
I have had this problem with bleeding for almost a year. A good friend of mine told me that sometimes bleeding can occur from sexual activity if there is not enough lubrication. This can cause excessive friction, resulting in abrasions of the vaginal walls. So I started using some lubricants but the problem stayed. So, I contacted my gynecologist for a proper evaluation!
He told me that there are two common possible explanations - a mild infection, or condition called cervical erosion. After some papa smear, I was diagnosed with some condition called cervicitis. So, I used some antibiotics for a week or two and that’s was it.

Ok, so I am relieved to see that I'm not a freak. I am 24 years old and I bleed like crazy everytime I have sex and only durring the sex not after. I am never dry to start, It has been happening for over a year now. The first time I had a misscarraige and now it wint stop. My boyfriend and I aren't doing anything different than a before it started why is this happening. I keep hearing people say the work cancer and I am not likeing that. When I was 18 I had HPV and had a LEEP procedure done to stop the spread of precancer cells. Could this be the problem?

This is a huge worry that this is happening to so many women. I'm sure it has something to do with contraceptive pills and the stress that society has on our bodies.
I'm a 22 year old woman who has developed this problem over the last few months. The pills which I'm using are called 'Estelle', which are weaker than the previous ones that I was prescribed by my GP. Sex with my partner is regularly interrupted by excessive bleeding from my vagina. The blood is bright red and occurs at any stage of my hormonal cycle. I am booking an appointment with my doctor this week and I'll let you know what I am diagnosed with. This is a serious matter which shouldn't be taken lightly. Each of you should hassle the health system until a solution is found for you. Our ability to enjoy sex and reproduce should be the least of our worries.

Namaste!!

Just use lubricant and if it continues talk to a docter or school nurse.

I had the same problem and it lasted for more than 6 months. I avoided having sex because was
scared that bleeding would have appear again. I had to try with lubricants because knew that one
of possibilities was poor natural lubrication. Well, they help but I’m confused because also has never
experienced pain. I plan to visit my gyn soon, because this problem really occupies me.

I have been on the pill now for almost 2 years, i have switched to three different types of pills because i had orignally got on them to help reduce my acne and i wasn't finding the right pill for me. I first went on ortho- tricyclin (28 day) for a year, then switched to a pill called lutera (28 day), then recently switched to what i'm on now, called Levlen, i have 3 packs of these and i take them all right after the other and don't have a period for 2 months straight. this is my first 2 months of taking this pill and i only have 1 week left before i start my period, i have had light spotting for the past weekish, the other night my boyfriend and i were fooling around, but no sex, when i started bleeding bright red, not the normal spotting which is a light brown. we were both instantly scared and stopped but it went away to a light brown again the next day. I'm still worried about what this could be. Nothing hurt me or anything, but i am still concerned. Should i ignore this if it doesn't happen again? It doesn't seem like this should be happening after being on the new pills now for 2 months.

Thank god for this website, like most of you I thought I was the only one who had this problem. I have been having trouble with spotting for over a year and have been on about 5 different birth control pills, none which have worked. I have never bled excessively during sex except for the past few months. The bleeding doesn't happen every time either but when it does it is a lot of blood and it goes away the next day or is just followed by spotting. A couple times I bled excessively during sex and hour later it was completely gone; it really doesn't make any sense. I thought that it might be the new pill that I am on, but I think there might be a bigger problem that my doctor can't seem to find and keeps insisting that it is the pill. I am going to the doctor next week to hopefully find out what is wrong.

Hi all, I'm 17 years old and have been having fairly light bleeding during sex. There is no pain, and the bleeding stops within an hour or so of having sex, but it kinda kills the mood. I am not on birth control so that can't be the problem. Any advice would be great. %-)

I HAD A EXPERIENCE WHERE ME AND MY GUY WAS HAVING SEX .DURING WHICH HE NOTICED THAT I WAS BLEEDING KIND OF HEAVY BUT NOT REALLY HEAVY I GOT UP AND CLEANED MYSELF OFF AND NOTICED THAT I WAS NO LONGER BLEEDING AND EVEN THE NEXT DAY THERE WAS NO SIGN OF BLEEDING MY QUESTION WOULD HAVE TO BE IF I WAS EXPECTING MY CYCLE TO COME ANY DAY COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR THE BLEEDING DURING SEX. COULD HIM PENETRATING ME CAUSE MY CYCLE TO START SINCE I WAS ALREADY EXPECTING IT

Thank god this isnt an abnormal thing... or at least it doesnt seem like it. Ive had one sexual partner my whole life for the past year. I have never bled during intercourse before until about a month ago. I couldnt understand what was wrong... i was so scared. Sometimes it hurts... like pressure, but i dont think thats abnormal... my boyfriend is fairly large but it used to never hurt before. He went to the bathroom afterwards and there was a little bit of blood on his shirt. I wasnt about to start my period, in fact i had just gotten off of it 2 weeks before. It was so embarassing that i didnt even want to have sex a whole month afterwards. My boyfriend was completely understandable with me so that helped. Im due for a pap next month. Hopefully nothing is wrong! My mom, my aunt, and one of my older sister had all been diagnosed with the 1st stage of cervical cancer... can this be a early sympton? I hope not! I hope all you ladies are safe!

Ok guys, no need to flip about cancer so much. I'm 17 and I'm on birth control (Yasmin) and I know I dont have cancer. Im having the same problem you all are, the thin bleeding during sex. I think it has something to do with stress and nutrition. My doctor told me to keep up on my flax seed intake, which helps the vaginal area stay moist and not dry which can cause bleeding. Also, if this many of us have this problem, there has to be a common solution. I dotn think all of us have cancer at all, so stop worrying about that so much haha. Well, Im looking for the answer to the problem too, Ill let you all know if I find something!

I was having intercourse with my bf last week when he noticed that I was bleeding. Not heavily, but enough that he thought it was my period. I had just finished my period 2 weeks before. When we were dating almost 4 years ago I had a bit of blood come out once but it was only because I thought he nipped me accidentally while giving me oral. Since I've never bled with any other guy I've slept with before, I told him it was only with him that I bleed during sex. He is not large or anything. He is a a very good size for me. Only difference this time was maybe he got a bit rough when he was using his finger and I swear I felt his teeth grazing my skin when he was giving me oral...of course he says that's not possible. Anyway, no pain whatsoever....before, during and after sex, so I'm chalking it up to him getting carried away, but damn, it felt so good even I didn't want him to stop...it was tolerable and pleasure filled pain. I am 35 years old and have had my fair share of partners, but never have had any problems or symptoms of any kind attributed to any diseases caused by unsafe sex. In any case, better be safe than sorry is what I say, so I am seeing my doctor this coming week. I told guy to get checked out since he did come in contact with my blood. Hopefully my bleeding is not related to any kind of medical condition (fibroids, cysts, etc..). I have to rule out STDs because I don't have any symptoms of any kind when i am not having sex. No unusual discharge or out of the ordinary odor or itching or anything like that.

Hello. I am 18 years old and just lost my virginity last night. It was EXTREMELY painful and after the fact when I went to the bathroom, there was blood. This has continued all day today and I just want to make sure there is no cuase for alarm, because in all honesty I am freaking out. Is it normal to bleed for a few days after the first time or should i be concerned?

Hi all,
I am sexually active for the last two year, however me and my hubby are totally dependent on condoms... I have never been on pills. I am very scared of doctors so have never been to one.. neither did i feel the need to... but the last two times i had sex with my hubby.. after penetration.. and during the intercourse i started bleeding... as many others have described.. its bright red and thin. The first time it happened.. I had my periods had got over only two days ago.. so we brushed away the matter thinking that it was related to periods.. so cleaned up .. and we continued... after cleaning there was no bleeding and we had normal sex...
however the next time it was still a week for my period.. and i started bleeding.. this time the bleeding was lot more than earlier.
we stopped and thought that this WAS a matter a concern. Althought the bleeding stopped in a couple of hours ..but my periods started 3 days in advance... because i was scared something wrong.. yet didn't have the courage to go to doc. so i landed here.
It might be important to tell that both the times well lubricated and i have had sex just after and just before my periods began ... but never faced this prob before.
This site has been great help... atleast i am not the only one.. and all of us can't be having cancer..
But still i doesnt ans what exactly is wrong with us and what should be done...
we were planning to start a family but with these recent happenings.. are plan is being questioned...
My hubby is too scared to hurt me .. or have anything go wrong so is avoiding sexMy hubby has been very kind to me and is really very worried...
Please HELP!!! ..