I've been having some problems for about eight months now. I've been experiencing on and off pain in and around my genitals. During intercourse and even without it. In the mornings I'll have pain and it'll worsen when I urinate. After drinking lots of water and taking some ibprofun the pain will usually subside. But, I'll still have pain during intercourse and then the pain will just come back the next day. I have tried not having sex to see if that helps with my symptoms but I still hurt in the mornings. The pain has gone away for a couple days at a time but then as soon as I start thinking it's over it'll come back. I went to my gyno about all of this a month or so ago and she just told me to drink a lot of water, not to take any baths, and that I probably just have ovarian cysts or some kind of bad reaction to soap and will feel better in a couple weeks. I'm going to go back to the doctor next week to get a pap. But, the strange thing is that I have no foul odor or funky discharge. Just lots of pain. I've done a lot of research and the closest thing I've found to all the symptoms I'm having is something called vulvodynia.

Signs and symptoms

Vulva
The word "vulvodynia" means "painful vulva." Your vulva consists of the pad of fatty tissue at the base of your abdomen (mons pubis), the labia, the clitoris and the opening of your vagina.

The main vulvodynia symptom is pain in your genital area, which can be characterized by:

Burning
Soreness
Itching
Stinging
Rawness
Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
Throbbing
The pain you experience may be constant or intermittent and can last for months or even years, but can vanish as suddenly or mysteriously as it started. A similar condition, vulvar vestibulitis, may cause pain only when pressure is applied to the area surrounding the entrance to your vagina.

Vulvar tissue may look minimally inflamed or swollen. More often, your vulva appears normal.

I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas of what could be wrong with me. Or if anyone else has experienced the same symptoms, how they dealt with it, what they were diagnosed with, and what made it go away.

I just want to feel better already.

i'm experiencing the same symptoms. i have these sores to the opening of my vagina and my clitoris is swollen. there are no bad odor just burning, stinging, itching at times and throbbing. i use a cream called bactroban which helps with the itching and the burning but the sores are not disappearing. can anyone help me?

Hey,

have you managed to find any relief?

I too have all the symptoms you mentioned. Many doctors haven't even heard of vulvodynia! I finally had a gyno appointment and even they weren't sure, but my G.P thinks it is! Been on Gabapentin which is like a neurological painkiller type thing also used to treat epilepsy ! Scary stuff.. It hasn't helped!

It seems so weird that having a pain free vagina now seems like a luxury!